cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cutting the patch

I saw someone's post about cutting the patch earlier

here's a link about not doing it and why but I didn't check sources for the article.

Why You Shouldn't Cut Nicotine Patches 

From what I've learned, 60mg of nicotine can kill you.

I don't know how the patch is made. I know its timed release.

I know one drop of nicotine can kill you.

Not trying to worry anyone just saying do your research.

3 Replies
bonniebee

One would think if it were that dangerous they would have to put it on the label to protect the company from law suits . I did it a few times years ago in a past quit attempt but I thought it would not work as well so I stopped doing it . I had no idea that it could've been dangerous.

0 Kudos

I don't know Bonnie. I thought IT WAS ON THE LABEL when I used them 11 years ago.

Okay I went to a website.

How to Use NicoDerm CQ Nicotine Patches | NicoDerm CQ 

Very last thing on the left at the bottom says do not cut the patch.

I also read the 4 captions explaining how they are layered together and why and how it works.

pastedImage_2.jpg

Nicotine evaporation. Does that mean it's a liquid? or did they say it wrong?

Releases a steady stream of nicotine? I don't think there could be a river in that little patch, do you?

If I wasn't going to follow the directions, I would write the company and ask them why I should follow their directions on the "don't cut the patch" statement and ask them if it is dangerous or would negate their test findings and /propinions.  🙂

Screen Shot 11-29-17 at 03.02 AM.JPG

0 Kudos
Barbara145

I think it is another pharmaceutical lie.  I used the cheap patches from Walmart and Target.  It is much cheaper to cut the patches.  I did it the whole time.  No troubles, no worries : )

0 Kudos