cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

molzep

8th Anniversary!

Hi - I meant to post yesterday on my 8th anniversary of quitting, but I didn't get to it. So here I am - I guess this is the 8th anniversary of my first completely non-smoking day so it's good too.

I read a self help quit smoking book that really hit home to me during my first few weeks of quitting. See the link for a page out of the book.  

One of the biggest lessons I learned during my quit, which has helped me with so many other things, is once you make a decision to do something, all you need to do after that is follow through. When I quit I promised myself I could smoke again when I'm 80. I can't image going through that type of hell again, (smoking that is - I'll never go back!)

Anyway, thanks for the shout outs and well wishes yesterday. I really appreciate it!

Junkie Thinking - some really helpful 1 liners here:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/15639-junkie-thinking

Breathe deep and stay strong!

Molly

11-20-2009

10 Replies

Big Congratulations!

Great to see you.

0 Kudos
molzep

Thanks - I think it's great that you are so active here!

0 Kudos
elvan

molzep‌ Congratulations once again!

Ellen

freeneasy

Congratulations!

0 Kudos
Giulia

I used the same trick when I quit - told myself I could smoke at the end of Lent.  'Course I knew full well that I too would never want to go through the hell of quitting again.  And I haven't.  Nice to see you, Molly!  Happy 8th!  

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Fantastic, happy 8. Thanks for sharing your hope and strength.

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Good to see you Molly. WTG 8 years. We did good....

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations on 8 glorious Smoke Free years and counting WTG.

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats again Molly! 

0 Kudos