cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

Can I get drunk

If I mix 2mg Xanax, with 75mg Benedryl and 750ml Zinfandel Rose, can I get drunk?

I had yet another argument with hubby, and  I can hear him snoring through the wall, that's how much he cares.

Is it worth taking verbal abuse (even if they are followed by flowers, perfume, and a beautiful card, it is really worth after 34 years of marriage?

I don't know, I have 1/2 Full haha of Zinfandel (the half full), and I won't go to sleep before I finish it, no matter what.

but I believe one can get drunk on a bottle of wine, right???

Hugs, kisses, and proposals are welcome!

Back to my wine, ha!

But I won"t smoke: 1. I can't get in this state behind a whell (maybe a ride in the neighborhood wouldn't be so bad...here is an idea)

2. I have nowhere particularly to go other than a tobacco store

3. I don't feel the need to smoke, just to drink right now (I know Nancy, I could lose my mind. but I'll take a chance...)

4.  Mom went to sleep crying (because of our argument), I can't make her worry on top of being sad

PS  Is it normal after 34 years of marriage to keep taking verbal abuse, just because my mechanical engineer husband is unable to assembly a swiveling barstool???

Good nigh all and if Santa won't bring me anything, so be it, he can fly back to his home, no hurt feelings here...

49 Replies
Mortalzeus

I wish I had the power to fly you to anywhere you wanted to go  However for now, all I can offer is my prayers, thoughts, and cyber hugs.  I hope peace will find its way to you!

Darren

I don't know Daniela.

Arguments can begin from one side and then the other side comes into play from previous feelings and things get out of hand.

I hope you are safe and sound.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this tough time in your marriage. Would you be open to couples and/or individual therapy? What I am concerned about also very much is that to mix Xanax and alcohol is very dangerous. Both alcohol and Xanax are cleared from the body by the same liver enzymes. Because both drugs are broken down by the same compounds, it takes longer for the body to detoxify itself after you take Xanax and alcohol together. How can abusing your body be the right answer for mental and verbal abuse? Take good care of yourself, Daniela! You are important!

YoungAtHeart

I am SO sorry your marriage has dissolved into this......my heart is aching for you.  You are in such a tough spot.  I hope you are OK this morning.  I don;t know what options you have, but my first bit of advice is that you sit down with hubby and try to go over what happened at a more peaceful, less confrontational time.  I might also suggest something I learned awhile ago about arguing.  When "discussing" something, NEVER use the word "you."  That will automatically invoke a defensive response.  Instead, phrase it in "I" statements....like, "I am frustrated when I am getting an unreasonable response from you."  "I feel unloved when words are used like....."........."  I feel bullied when words are used like ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>".  Always end with "I love you and hope we can figure out a better way to diffuse our differences."  Perhaps ask him what was going on with HIM to evoke such a negative response?  What happened is probably NOT about the stool at all, I am guessing.

I am hoping this new day finds you feeling a bit better.  I am thinking of you!

Nancy

"When 'discussing' something, NEVER use the word 'you.'" and "Always end with "I love you."

Confused!  Which is it?  NEVER use the word 'you' or always end with 'you?'  Trying to think of a way to tell someone you love them without using the word you.  "I love the person in the room who is not me."  ???

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Smart alec!!!  I am glad you are back, anyway!

Daniela2016

My dear friends,

Thank you all for supporting me from afar, you words are balm to my heart.

Our marriage had many ups and downs, we are of latin origins, and very strong personalities.

After a while when he did not work, hubby finally got a permanent job, and is working many hours.  I took 3 days to clean the house before Thursday when the kids get here, and everything was out of place when he came home from work.  I give him being tired after many hours of work, and he probably feels guilty for letting me do it all.  But I did not complain, nor did I ask him to assemble the chair.  He grew frustrated, and found someone to listen...and I was finally setting down and watching a show on TV.

I am good for now, thanks for all your concerns. He is not the man to go to any kind of therapy (after all he went to prostatectomy for cancer 3 years ago, and the fear of that coming back can be another factor in the back of his mind, and I am really trying to be conscious of that).

As for the Xanax, Thomas, I had no intent to drink, but doctors don't seem to understand a normal person who used to function on 7h of sleep, for the last 2-3 years can't get more than 4h/night.  I took the 2mg just to be able to get a deeper relaxation, and eventually sleep like a normal person.

I've tried many other sleeping pills (and BTW when Xanax was released the first indication was as a sleep aid, they figured out later it works on anxiety and panic attacks), Lunesta, Ambien, they don't help me fall asleep.  And I blame it on my anxious nature.

Anyways, thank you all again, and Dale, we've been through this many times.  Maybe one day will come when I'll just give up, and I will walk away looking for some piece of mind (even though I am the caring type of person and I know I won't leave him if he needs any kind of help),  He's got many qualities which is the reason we are still together, and I know my flaws too.

So for now, please do not worry, I slept over 7h, and I am good to go back to my cleaning, yay.

Hugs and love to all of you!

Daniela

0 Kudos
elvan

Daniela2016‌ I did not see this until now.  I am so sorry for the rough time you are having.  I have been married for over 43 years and we certainly have our ups and downs,  very few ups these days.  We are sort of used to each other, I think.  Situations change and people change.  I am so glad that your husband is working full time, I would celebrate mine working at ALL.  You are an amazing lady carrying an amazingly heavy load and doing so with grace.  I hope everything comes together and you feel better.  I also hope you don't have the after effects of the wine, LOL.  I am not a wine drinker so anything I drink really makes me miserable the next day.  You sound completely recovered.  YoungAtHeart‌ has talked with me at great length about my life and the things that happen, she came to the conclusion that I must have tortured puppies and kittens in a past life.  Nice image, right?  

I love you dear lady, hope you can feel that and my hugs coming through this computer.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

I do dear Ellen elvan‌, and my morning was full with work, BTW don't rent the carpet cleaner in hopes it will help with the grout, because it does not.  It washed it a little, but I will still need to get on my 4 and rub out the dirt, but that is for another time.  Made progress in the living room, dining room, waiting for a new sectional tomorrow (one of these nice, and cheap fake leather, because the set we have it is so used you can hide a whole body in it).  Kitties and puppies upset with me and the cleaning, oh, well, they are now taking a nap in my bedroom with mom.  I am on a break, and really happy no longer a smoker.

The heaviest task was taking a big (don't ask dimensions) rug out to dry properly and get it up on my own on the pool fence.  It is almost ready to be brought back in. I refuse to think of the image Nancy pictured for our prior lives, rather have been a witch, or a man beater