cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Day Two

Day two

So yesterday I stopped smoking and started the gum. A day earlier than planned. Yesterday went great. The gum curbed the cravings for the most part. I was controlling my attitude all day. Night time hit and the chaos of getting the dogs and kids ready for bed really seemed to tick me off.  

Today is day two and I feel a little edgy. Not too awful. I do have a very long drive tonight (4 hours) so I'm hopefully going to be able to keep it together. Luckily, 2 of those hours I'll be alone. That way I can sing (or screech) at the top of my lungs to make myself forget about the dirty cigarettes I used to smoke.

And one more thing.....this gum is no joke! Last night I chewed my last piece about 30 minutes before I went to bed. I felt exhausted but couldn't sleep. And when I finally did sleep, I had weird dreams and tossed and turned. It wasn't restful at all! Why does this gum give me such horrible hiccups? I'm 40 years old and have been getting the hiccups like a 2 year old. Lol.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hello there!

I never used the gum but I did use the patch and know that most nicotine replacement therapy comes with that side effect for some. Also, nicotine is a stimulant so it could mess with your sleeping some. A took my patches off at night when I quit. 

The main thing for now is to stay strong and protect that quit! There's going to be rough days but it does get easier with each passing day. Hang in there! You're doing fantastic!

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS ON TWO DAYS!!!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

darnPainter

I'm with U, we share the same quit date. If indeed your !st day was the 16th.

My day 2 started out easier, but this afternoon has been tough. There are a lot of things I'm discovering I smoked AT in order to avoid facing the pain they produced. We no longer have to live behind emotional smoke screens. Keep on, keepin on. Your not doing this alone.

Tammyzhere

Oh we need our very own "November Newbie Clique"      

I couldn't sleep last night either and not for lack of trying. 

Dunno about the hiccups - don't remember that

but I do remember having very vivid dreams on the patch  

I find suckers to be very helpful in the car.  

Chewing on a coffee stir would be less calories. 

Keep us posted on your progress  

elvan

Look at you three..amandastewart79 , darnPainter , and Tammyzhere  bonding together and sharing your experiences...that's wonderful.  Do remember that this is a journey and you will have good days and bad days...just like you did when you were not smoking.   Smoking doesn't fix anything...remember NOPE, Not One Puff Ever!  It got me through the first weeks and kept me on this journey.  You CAN do this.  No crave ever killed anyone and no one can say that about cigarettes.