Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tammyzhere

withdrawal weirdos

Been sitting here for the past 2 hours

with one shoe on and one shoe off. 

Kinda like that Allen Carr analogy of

the joy of taking off the shoe that's too tight.

A few times in those last 2 hours, 

I've caught myself going to reach

for the pack that isn't there.  

It used to be there but, it isn't anymore.

I quit.  

Tags (1)
2 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on being mindful of what is going on with your quit.   Hang tough, stay close, never give in never give up.  NOPE not one puff ever will keep you free no matter what is happening in your life. 

elvan

I don't do that any more.  It is an empowering sentence.  I have learned so many phrases that have helped me that came from this site. "The only way out is through." "Keep them away from your face." "One step and then another will get you to where you want to be." "Smoking is not an option." SINAO, "Not One Puff Ever". NOPE Each one had a time and a place when they were the best for me...you are learning and you are already beginning to realize that you are growing...One day at a time.  One step at a time.  We have all been where you are, we have all needed to take this as it comes and we have all learned a lot about ourselves.  This journey opens the doors to the people we were meant to be, the people we would have become had we learned to deal with our emotions without stuffing them down.  

Ellen