cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

A Wise Elder Once told me.

Like love , never take your quit for granted.  It is okay to be confident with your quit but you still have to protect it no matter what is going on in your life.  Quitting is easy, protecting your quit takes  work.  NOPE not one puff ever. Whether you are 3 days of 3,000 days your quit is your own, never give up on it.   There is too much to lose if you do.  Don't quit on your quit! 1024 DOF.

Tags (1)
6 Replies
MarilynH

Thanks Jackie, we must protect our quits with our lives because our are literally depending on us to remain smokefree.....

N.O.P.E. & Vigilance is key to a lifetime of Freedom.

0 Kudos
elvan

So true...we HAVE to protect it and value it or we can lose it...every day is a new day and every day can be WON.

JACKIE1-25-15

Just wanted to remind the newbies.  We get so caught up with this new "jive system" and forget the basics. 

vanlil

Thanks Jackie - I needed that.  I am going through a "new normal" with an aging husband and also my own aging.

Hope I doing the right thing by crossing off a lot of stuff I was involved in. Still dealing with Hurricane damage too.

All of our screens on a very large porch is still a mess.  Getting work down here is so difficult but so many people need help.  However I am grateful for A/C all roof damage fixed and my TV and Internet is working. At 4AM after cleaning up lots of blood from my husbands latest fall and then visiting the Dr. this PM. I am wiped out.  

BUT I WILL REMEMBER THE BASICS - I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE - NOT ONE PUFF EVER!!!!

Lillian (vanlil) 514 dof

elvan

vanlil‌ Sending hugs, you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I so wish your husband was not getting injured so often, I can tell what a toll it takes on you.

Love,

Ellen

The perfect message said perfectly! Thank You!