cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Morning Prayer - 11/14 Recovering From A Slip

Good Morning All! I wasn't on the site last week so I'd like to have a morning prayer today. Today's topic is recovering from a slip. I think everyone has slipped at least once during this process of becoming a non-smoker. I had my first, hopefully only, slip last week. We must realize that we are not perfect as we are mere humans but we CAN become better with help from others in this process. We just need to follow a leader, someone who is understanding and is versed by experience should we want to light up. If you are on this site then the help and experience is right here at your fingertips. Reach out to the shepherds of this community  and someone, many people in fact, will help you to move forward and have faith in your ability to quit! Therefore my prayer today is:  

Oh Lord, thank you for this day and providing me a chance to recover from a mistake I made by smoking. I knew what I was doing was wrong but I was led astray by the powerful hold that cigarettes have on me. Please forgive me in my time of weakness and remind me of why I am stopping this habit. Jesus help me learn from my mistake, give me strength today so that I can continue my journey, no matter how difficult, and lead me back to you. As in 1 Peter 2:25, " For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."  

In Christ's precious and holy name we pray. Amen.

I was led astray but if I follow the word of God and accept the advice and support from those here.I will remain on this new path. The members here will continue to lift me and the others here to freedom from this evil. Just remember, you are not the only rower in the boat to freedom. Have a wonderful day!

Julie

15 DOF

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mortalzeus

Beautiful and I will follow the Word of God to illuminate my Journey. Amen.

Darren

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

II Corinthians 12:9

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Thank you Julie, beautiful thanks for sharing and congratulations on your precious 15 DOF.....

0 Kudos
elvan

Very lovely prayer, I really have no idea how many times I tried to quit and failed but this time has been different because of my commitment, education provided by this site, and the amazing support from all of the people here.  Next time you feel that slippery slope approaching...blog FIRST.  We just might be able to pull you back from the edge.

Ellen