cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

4 wonderful years

Yup, its been 4 years since I left that ugly, deadly addiction in the dust.  I could not be any prouder of myself than I am.  Go Jackie!!!  When I first came to this site I was desperately seeking any tool, help, advice I could find to help me get through this new journey I was about to take.  With with the help of several of you I have successfully made it to 4 years smoke free. I also had a wonderful time (with the old site) helping others that  reached out with the same journey in mind, and proud to see so many of them still free of that horrible addiction that controlled our lives for so many years. 

My health has improved, my bank account has gained, (I have gained) but well worth it.

Every once in a blue moon I think about smoking, and its funny~it's not a urge  ~ it's a calming feeling like I DO NOT MISS IT, I HAVE CONTROL NOW.  (That's not yelling that is making a statement)  I can breath better, the horrid cough is gone, I smell better, my car and clothes are cleaner, Oh I could go on and on but I won't.

Those of you that are just beginning this journey, stick with it, it can be done and so many of us here are proof.  IT can be beat. Right now IT control's your life, not you.  IT makes you stand out in the cold or the rain, IT  makes you seek the nearest exit in a public place for the time IT tells you to smoke, IT DOES NOT calm the nerves or help you handle stress, that's just another controlling tool IT has over you.

Make up your mind to be successful and kick this addiction's ash! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

PS

I had to agree to a disclaimer when I signed on and it just made me angry again and refreshed my decision to leave what this site has become.  I wish there was another way to communicate like we did in the past and not have someone lurking over everything you write and slapping your hand if you boo boo, what a we 6 years old. 

OK having said that ~  I wish  all  my dear, dear friends a Happy Thanksgiving and a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

XXOO

Love,

Miss "J"

1424 days free

13 Replies
Barbara145

So good to hear from you.  So glad your health is improving.  You are such a neat lady.  Hope your Thanksgiving and Christmas are lovely.  Huge congrats on 4 years. ( My 4 years was one month ago   Take care,  Barbara

elvan

Congratulations on four beautiful years dear, Jackie, I am so proud of you and it is wonderful to hear from you!

Love,

Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations!  It is hard to believe that you are only 6 months ahead of me.  In the beginning that seemed like an eternity.  Thank you for all the help and encouragement that you gave me during the beginning of my quit.  I will be eternally grateful!

PS - It is the people that make this site successful - not the rules and regulations - without the people, this site is nothing.  Hope that you will stop by and check in from time to time.

Great to hear from you friend. Keep traveling strong!!

0 Kudos

Big Congratulations!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Nice blog, Jackie with a nice STATEMENT.  So glad of your 4 years.  I'd put in a graphic, but I'm afraid it might go to the copyright police jail.  Imagine something pretty in the white space below.

PS - I wish there were a way we could communicate like we did in the past also.

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Congrats! Same with me, I get a thought about smoking every now and then but not so much an urge but glad smoking is a thing of the past. Stay warm up there in Erie! 

0 Kudos
bonniebee

So nice to hear form you on this big milestone Jackie don't let the rules bother you so much like Jennifer-Quit said it is the people who make Ex sucessful not the rules and regs !

Congratulations on your 4 fantastic years of freedom !!!

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats to you Jackie on 4 wonderful years!! 

0 Kudos