cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML Weekly Check In – 11/8/2017 – Are You in NML?

We have this discussion every Wednesday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in NML, basically months 2-3-4 of a quit. Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

We are happy if you just stop by to say hi and let us know you are still with us in NML.  Feel free to offer up ideas on topic question and I will include them in next week’s post!  Stop by daily or as often as you like!  Don’t forget to post to the Daily Pledge! 

This week’s topic: Getting to know your fellow NML travelers!

There are a few new EXers who have entered NML.  Let’s get to know them and make their time in NML as enjoyable as possible!  Feel free to share about yourself, your quit journey, or anything you like so we can get to know you better or answer the question below if you are at a loss for what to write.  

If you had to be an animal, which animal would you be? 

ENJOY the journey through NML! 

In No Man’s Land, you’ve come a long way, but still have a long way to go. The routine cravings are gone but the surprise cravings can knock you to your knees. Your family and friends think you should be “over it” while you still feel quite fragile sometimes. Your relationships with smoking friends/family may be feeling strained. Your inner junkie is still around, still whispering to you, and the temptation to give in can be every bit as strong as it was in your first few days.

But here’s the good news. In these same 100 days, for most people, your circulation has improved substantially, walking has become easier, and your overall lung function has increased noticeably. Sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath have decreased. Your body's overall energy has increased. The roller coaster is smoothing out, and you are feeling calmer and stronger overall. Good things are happening! (Courtesy of SarahP

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... 

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

NML List  (Please let me know if there is anyone who has been missed!)

julesakaGG – last log in 9/14/2017

constanceclum

Free2BU

turtlegirl101

TurboRose

tlajbenn

Dani_2017 

Diannnnn 

Showiestodin

Sandy-9-17-17

judalb

Fefun

Fee33

Gmmeyernews 

Our Graduates

gregp136 – GRADUATED!!!

TW517 – GRADUATED!!!

roller831 – GRADUATED!!!

Christophina – GRADUATED!!!

Brianairb2 – GRADUATED!!!

bookee6 – GRADUATED!!!

Ready2021 – GRADUATED!!!

Tags (2)
25 Replies
TW517

What a fine looking class of graduates!

Roller831

I completely agree! 

I must say Great Job to all of those in NML. A special set of Kudos to all the graduates.

Keep that journey strong!!

One step, and then another, will get you to whee you want to be.

Larry the Caravan Master

TurboRose

Congratulations to all of the graduates past and present. Where does one go when they get out of No Man's Land? No Man's Land has been my safe haven, an island of sorts. What happens on day 131?

I'd like to be an eagle. I'd like to be able to soar and get a higher perspective, see the bigger picture, have a better sense of where I am in relation to ______. I don't want to be a predator. I want to be a voyeur, a visionary.  

Michele 130 DOF

TW517

Not sure where we go, or what we call ourselves.  What is the next official milestone?  Six months? 200 days? One year?  I liked being a Newbie and an NML'er.  And I can't wait to be a 6%'er!  We need a name for us "in-between'ers".

elvan

TW517‌ and TurboRose‌  I think we have had this conversation more than once since I have been here.  I was afraid that all of the loving support that I felt as a newbie and then while I was in NML was going to somehow slip away after I "graduated"...it doesn't.  We are all here to help you celebrate your milestones and to help you get past the challenging times.  There are ALWAYS going to be challenging times, it is part of life.  I remember getting to the 6% Club and being told that I was officially an "elder"...that was terrifying. An ELDER???  Did that mean I was supposed to be smarter than I was the day before?  We celebrate every milestone, one day at a time, one experience at a time.  As long as we are smoke free, we have lots to celebrate.  Congratulations to both of you.

Love,

Ellen

elvan

I cannot believe all of the graduates, WOW, what an amazing group of people.  It seems like only yesterday when you started your quits...of course that's easy for ME to say, right?

CONGRATULATIONS gregp136‌, Christophina‌, Brianairb2‌, bookee6‌, and Ready2021‌, as well as TW517‌, TurboRose‌, and roller831

So proud of all of you and happy for you!

Ellen

Roller831

TW517‌ and TurboRose‌ - I am with you in that I don't think there is a "group" for us in-betweeners which is why I choose to keep posting the weekly check-in and participating.  I am glad the two of you are doing the same.  I think my next milestone is 180 days and then 200 DOF.  My goal is forever so I celebrate each day!

I am happy to start an in-betweener group for months 4+ to 6% Club / Elder if you like

TurboRose

I've been trying to think of an appropriate description of where I feel I am now that I've stepped out of No Man's Land. I've completed a third of a year.  What do people experience during months 5-8? Do they feel steady on their feet or do they find the same degree of challenge?  Maybe it can be described as the "Hang In" period. We've made it this far. Now if we hang in there another 4 months, we will have completed two thirds of a year. The final 4 months could be called the "Final Stretch." 

As I thought about how I feel about leaving N.M.L., I felt a degree of fear. I envisioned myself hanging in the balance.  I know there are times when labels have no significance but I want something to align with even if it's a label.