cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ranjitthewolf

Should we run a crusade against quit smoking?

Hello All, Most of the people i know in this forum have quit for many years now. So my question is directed towards them. I was wondering if as ex smokers and people who understand the ill effects of smoking go on a quit smoking crusade towards smokers and keep nagging them until they quit or should we just wait till they see the light? Because we all know how we felt when people used to come up to us asking us to quit smoking during our smoking days.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
19 Replies

We can explain the process of quitting, what they will experience, and hold their hand until they decide.

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

I heard recently 70% of smokers would like to quit.

One time I came upon a group of smokers who were outside on break and I said to them

"I did that for 40 years." They all wanted to know how to quit.

0 Kudos
elvan

I think most smokers want to quit and then there are some who have absolutely no interest in quitting.  I do not nag anyone, I try to lead by example.  I have a son who still smokes, my sister and my daughter quit after I did. I kept bragging about how many days/months that I had and how proud of myself that I was.  I KNOW I was obnoxious.  I HATED being nagged or even having someone suggest that I should quit and I had a horrible smoker's cough...it was embarrassing.  I don't cough any more, I DID do damage and I am pretty much always short of breath but I try to concentrate on the positives.

I carry some BecomeanEx business cards with me so I can hand them out if I am asked about how I quit.  To my knowledge, no one has come here but we sure do have lots of new people all the time and that's AMAZING!

Ellen

Sandy-9-17-17

Can I get some of those business cards! ?  LOL !  I would pass them out like crazy! 

TW517

Order them here:  BecomeAnEX Wallet Card Request 

elvan

Thanks.

0 Kudos
elvan

Yes, there is a form to fill out to get them.  Mark‌ arranged for me to get them and I have passed out a LOT.  If someone asks, I pull those cards out and tell them that this site saved my life.

Sandy-9-17-17

Yes, I filled that form out last night, and ordered up 25 of them.  This is a great concept!  I love it! 

elvan

It really IS a great concept, when you pull out a card and hand it to someone, the looks are priceless!

0 Kudos