cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

How Crystals Aid Our Mind and Body

Did you know that the earth's natural crystals can be used to aid our physical and mental health? 

The first historical references to the use of crystals come from ancient the Ancient Sumerians. The Ancient Egyptians used lapis lazuli, turquoise, carnelian, emerald and clear quartz in their jewelry stones primarily for protection and health.  Crystals and gemstones have played a part in all religions. They are mentioned throughout the Bible, in the Koran and many other religious texts. The origin of birthstones is the breastplate of Aaron, or the "High Priest's Breastplate", as mentioned in the book of Exodus. In the Koran, the 4th Heaven is composed of carbuncle (garnet). The Kalpa Tree, which represents an offering to the gods in Hinduism, is said to be made entirely of precious stone and a Buddhist text from the 7th century describes a diamond throne situated near the Tree of Knowledge (the neem tree under which Siddhartha meditated).  www.crystalage.com

Today natural crystals are used for their 'metaphysical' properties. I am Christian and a complete skeptic about the benefits of crystals but have experienced firsthand some of their claimed properties. Last year I just happened to be wearing some of my favorite genuine gem jewelry for a while on a daily basis and noticed at the time that I  felt pretty good. I never thought the crystals had anything to do with the feelings and didn't give it a second thought.  A few months ago I purchased a small but very pretty amethyst crystal cluster for my mantle. Again I didn't think they had anything to do with health or anything. They were just pretty.

I was looking for a simple, cheap bracelet with real gems for the birthstones, kind of like  a 'mothers ring'. I knew it would have to be handmade so I went to the etsy website and found one I liked that was custom made with my choice of crystals for the four birthstones and the other crystals she put on the bracelet to compliment them since I told her to just pick the rest. I received the bracelet and it was so pretty! I didn't notice the enclosed list of properties that certain crystals are supposed to have (not like I would believe it anyway) until I was cleaning up one of my many paperwork piles when I came across the list of helpful metaphysical crystals. Bull crap I thought and threw it away. I've been wearing the bracelet pretty much every day for a couple weeks.

Yesterday I got an email from the jeweler that I purchased the bracelet from and they included the list of the supposed benefits of crystals and I took notice of the ones I had on my bracelet. I was surprised what I saw. I have actually experienced firsthand some of the benefits of each crystal in the bracelet without even knowing about it!  I scoured the internet and found that the info I had been sent in the email was nearly identical to those described on many websites, thus the quote from one of the sites at the start of this discussion.

Attached is a partial list of crystals and their supposed metaphysical properties that can aid in healing our minds and bodies. I have only included the ones that pertain to health and well-being as that is why we are all here. I'm still a skeptic and will not read anything into their supposed properties yet but I have and will continue to wear this bracelet daily and just see what happens. It's a long list so I would't remember what's on it anyway (I have a strong case of CRA, Can't-Remember-Anything). I will keep wearing the bracelet and make notes on simply how I feel each day. In a week I'll compare my notes to the properties of the gems in my bracelet and with the amethyst cluster on my mantel.  I'll do that every week for a month, if I can remember to.  I'll post any benefits as I go along and just see how it goes. 

4 Replies
Giulia

Ah yes, crystals and their benefits.  Looked into that years ago.  I would say quitting smoking has most of those same attributes and aids equally in our physical and mental health.  And the benefits of quitting are immediately noticeable.  Good idea to take notes on how you feel and compare them.  Wise.

Mortalzeus

I agree, after quitting my physical and mental health has improved, however I May experiment with crystals for my girls' teething though    Thank You for the information. 

Darren

minihorses

I have also experienced the same attributes after being off cigarettes awhile during other times I quit. I was calmer, even though my meds cause my hands to shake the shaking had calmed down some, I had more confidence, my energy improved quite a bit. I looked back and tried to figure out how long it took to start seeing the improvements of being smoke-free. I remember that each time I quit (from 1 quit to this 33rd journey) it took a different amount of time to start feeling these great effects so I'm going to say an average of about after a month. Keeping track of any noticeable changes on a daily basis and not doing  the comparison between the gems and the quit for a week at a time might be difficult in some areas but may not be in others may surprise me. It's worth a shot. I've always believed that the make up of the earth and those things living on it, it's waters, and energies have natural properties that can be used in many areas such as healing, protective energy, cleansing, and recharging powers. Heck, I clean with vinegar and water.  It's better and faster than other expensive cleaning solutions AND it's completely non-toxic! The earth's own items have been used over thousands of years (some of them unfortunately ended up being deadly to humans) so I'm going to put it to a small test. I still have my doubts but wouldn't it be wonderful to find something natural that actually works! I will let you know in a week.

J.    6 DOF!!

elvan

I think keeping a journal is a great idea and I don't think that being Christian is in direct opposition to believing that there are gifts on this earth that are here to help us, from plants to crystals, to a myriad of other things.  I find this very interesting and will look forward to reading what you find out.

Ellen