cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kpnbo

Being Tested

Well in NML and am being tested.  Want a cigarette so badly.  I am home alone early morning tired, hungry, irritable.

The perfect time for me to have had a cigarette.  Just trying to breathe thru it.  Any suggestions would be more than welcome..Thanks.  Karen

23 Replies
TW517

I see this list passed along here often:  /blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking  

I remember the first time I read it, it took so long to get through, my crave had passed without me noticing.  My favorite crave busters have always been chewing on a coffee stir stick (or straw) and yelling really loud!

Jennifer-Quit

Do whatever you need to do to get through this - take a walk, take a shower, eat something, etc., Anything except smoke.  You got this!

Mortalzeus

Box Breathing has always worked for me!  I would use the time during this concentration exercise to visualize myself beating the crave and moving forward! 

Stay Strong Karen  You got this!

Darren

YoungAtHeart

Distract, distract, distract!!!  The only person who can talk herself into smoking is YOU!  Don't do it!!!

Get busy!

Nancy

Do anything, and everything to distract from that crave. It only lasts about 3 minutes, so you can find something that will help.

I used peppermints and straw sections.

Larry

elvan

You need to keep some lemons on hand...bite into a lemon, rind and all, guaranteed to kill any quit.  I bought lemons but never actually used any because just the THOUGHT threw me.  I had Sour Patch Kids, candy around...they helped, I also heard people talk about Fireballs and they knocked THEIR craves away.

Remember that no crave ever killed anyone...no one can say that about smoking.  No crave lasts forever either.

Madyzsgocka

Frozen grapes too - they're like candy.

elvan

I ate frozen cherries...still have a bag in the freezer and eat them fairly frequently!  I think they probably helped in more ways than one.

Sandy-9-17-17

Keep on saying to yourself....." I don't do that anymore"   "I don't do that anymore"  

Remember N.O.P.E.  and S.I.N.A.O. 

And you did GREAT by coming here!  Good job!!