AnsweredAssumed Answered

Nicotine patches-help?

Question asked by Samsgurl2018 on Nov 5, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 by elvan

Hi all, I'm 8 days smoke free now! I even went to the 14mg patches. Today was hard with cravings but I got through those by taking everyone's advice. So, using NRT, I actually feel like I'm being dependant on these. I know it's better than smoking but what is the best way to start weaning myself off of the patches here in about a month or so. I just started the 14mg and I planned on using them for two weeks and go to 7mg for two weeks. These are 24 hour patches. Then my doctor gave me buspirone for the anxiety. I hate taking pills but I'm sticking with buproprion twice a day and nrt but if cravings are causing the shakes, should I take something to ease anxiety? FYI, I smoked for over 20 years and two quit attempts were very short lived. However, this time I'm smoke free for 8 days and still using patches because I'm worried about withdrawal and slipping. Anyone have advice regarding patches and how you weaned yourself off completely and did you go through withdrawals without them? You guys are amazing and support here has helped so much!! 

Outcomes