cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janiejane

Where is calculator?

Jump to solution

seems like the site has changed. where is the calculator showing how much $ i've saved? that is powerful for me.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here is your Quit Stats.  Yes the calculator we did have we removed on October 17th. Thanks for your feedback that you miss it.

I put one together quickly using:Tina's Quit Meter .  May customize it to your own liking however there is not a place to put it on your profile currently though you could put it on /blogs/janiejane-blog/2017/01/24/janiejane-archived-profile?sr=search&searchId=dda855be-0881-4cb7-aa...‌.

** This may not calculate the time smoke-free accurately as it looks like it assumes every month has 30 days.  Your mileage may vary!

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I am very sorry you did not get any responses to your question!  Seems it's been kind of quiet around here! 

If you have a smart phone, you can get the MLC (My Last Cigarette) App from the Play Store .... Apple iPhone has it too as I have both Android and iPhone! It actually shows how much better your Nicotine Levels Circulation Leves Carbon Monoxide Levels, and Craving Levels are, as well as your lung health improves.....That is the only one on the graph that doesn't move for me.  I think it helps me stay quit too, as I can't wait to see it move one day!  But after 43 years of smoking, I can't imagine that it will be too soon!  

Not sure where it is on this site, I don't really use it here, but I do like to track how much I have gained since quitting 41 days ago!   

Sandy

tommiei

Click on View Profile and there you will see your My Quit Stats.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here is your Quit Stats.  Yes the calculator we did have we removed on October 17th. Thanks for your feedback that you miss it.

I put one together quickly using:Tina's Quit Meter .  May customize it to your own liking however there is not a place to put it on your profile currently though you could put it on /blogs/janiejane-blog/2017/01/24/janiejane-archived-profile?sr=search&searchId=dda855be-0881-4cb7-aa...‌.

** This may not calculate the time smoke-free accurately as it looks like it assumes every month has 30 days.  Your mileage may vary!

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I also built a little Quit Calculator form.  You can update the boxes that say "Edit this" and it will calculate things for you.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Out of curiosity, Mark, on what are you basing the amount of Minutes, Hours, Days, Years saved?  I understand each calculator is set up with different parameters.  For example the one I use shows something quite different.....

pastedImage_3.png

..... than the one on EX

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos

My calculator:

Assumption is that every cigarette saves 11 minutes(avg number found based on a couple calculators, not necessarily official).  So 130,410*11= 1,434,510 mins = 23,908.5 hours = 996.19 days = 2.73 years.

Days quit = Today's Day - Quit date = 4,347 days

Cost savings = (Cigarettes avoided/# per pack )* Average cost per pack = $39,123.00

Cigarettes avoided = Days quit * # per day = $130,410

You indicated $6.00

The other calculator you used assumes 5 minutes per cigarette.  650,880 (452 days) + 1140 (19 hrs) + 35 = 652,055 mins / 130,411 = 5 min / cigarette and $7.21 per pack. 

Hope this makes sense.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Yes, some of it makes sense.  I like that you're giving us all more life saved.  But I'll tell you one thing, when I achieved that one year of life saved based on the 5 minutes per cigarette, it was as great a milestone, if not greater, than the one year smoke free.  Because it took so much longer to achieve it.  

I suppose the real way to think about it is that however long it takes you to smoke a cigarette is how much life you save because you didn't.  Most people, I would imagine, smoke a cigarette in five minutes.  I don't know of any cigarette that lasts 11 minutes.  Depends on the length, I suppose.  But it's been so long since I smoked, maybe I'm mistaken.  Anyway I'm just gonna stick with my 5 minute per cig life saved counter.  Each to their own as we say.

But something's odd with the money part.  My counter configuration settings (from a different site) ARE based $6 a pack (see graphic) not $7.21.  But maybe theirs is different in their calculations in that regard also.  No matter.  Just interesting.  Thanks for providing EX's parameters so that we all can better understand the disparities in counters.

0 Kudos

Giulia wrote:

Yes, some of it makes sense.  I like that you're giving us all more life saved.  But I'll tell you one thing, when I achieved that one year of life saved based on the 5 minutes per cigarette, it was as great a milestone, if not greater, than the one year smoke free.  Because it took so much longer to achieve it.  

Makes sense!

Giulia wrote: 

I suppose the real way to think about it is that however long it takes you to smoke a cigarette is how much life you save because you didn't.  Most people, I would imagine, smoke a cigarette in five minutes.  I don't know of any cigarette that lasts 11 minutes.  Depends on the length, I suppose.  But it's been so long since I smoked, maybe I'm mistaken.  Anyway I'm just gonna stick with my 5 minute per cig life saved counter.  Each to their own as we say.

That's completely fine to use your own number based on amount of time smoked.  The 11 comes from more of a scientific basis like this one seen here.

Giulia wrote:

But something's odd with the money part.  My counter configuration settings (from a different site) ARE based $6 a pack (see graphic) not $7.21.  But maybe theirs is different in their calculations in that regard also.  No matter.  Just interesting.  Thanks for providing EX's parameters so that we all can better understand the disparities in counters.

pastedImage_1.png

Just because it has you enter $6.00 doesn't mean it actually uses that field.    You could run some other tests and do some basic calculations to see if it is calculating right. I did find out that the Tina's counter app above doesn't calculate correctly because she didn't program for each month having a different number of days. It was assumed that each month has 30 days and there are no leap years.  My calculator accounts for leap years and each month having different number of days.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

"Just because it has you enter $6.00 doesn't mean it actually uses that field"  AHA!   Thanks!

0 Kudos