cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is A Persons Join Date Unchangeable?

Jump to solution

I came here and started writing posts in August 8, of 2008.

It Says November 4, 2009.

No big deal if it can't be changed, just curious how that date was arrived at.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you registered on EX you were given a registration date.  Not having been around when Ning was a thing I don’t know if you automatically got a community account or if it was created when you first logged on to the community.  Then in November of 2009 the ning community was migrated to ELGG.  It appears that most people who were migrated back then got a join date on ELGG of November 4th, including myself.  Fast forward to January 2017. We migrated every member from ELGG who had some something into Jive.  Anyone who had registered but hadn’t done anything in ELGG wasn’t migrated.  When you first logged on to Jive you got a registered date which is the first date you logged in after the move.  For the people who are new their join date and their member since date will be the same thing.  You don’t get a Jive account until you accept the terms the first time. So you could potentially join EX and then participate in the community years later.  

To to answer your question the Join Date, Member since date etc are not dates that you or I can change.  They are system times and not are editable.  Should there be a way to do so in the future, we might consider it.  For now the points are definitely and indication of the sweat equity you have contributed.  It shouldn’t go unnoticed even if the time isn’t exact. We do have your correct date you joined EX, no worries, the community join date is just inaccurate for some and member since is just the day you first got to Jive.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Giulia

Actually it IS a little bit of a big deal because it's not the TRUTH.  That's the only reason it's a big deal, for some of us.   It does kind of give us a little more legitimacy as to the longevity of our participation on this site.   And that does have some "gravitas" to it.   Don't see where it tells our join dates on our profiles (can't see yours, for instance), but I joined in May of 2008.  And so I stated that in my "about me."  But where are you seeing your "join" date?  I don't see it on your profile on mine, but I do on some newbies profile pages.  

0 Kudos

Everyone's supposed join date is on the leader board, far right. It says you joined Nov 4, 2009 too.

I think a quit date is more important than a join date myself. I was just wondering if it could be corrected because I couldn't find a way.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

When you registered on EX you were given a registration date.  Not having been around when Ning was a thing I don’t know if you automatically got a community account or if it was created when you first logged on to the community.  Then in November of 2009 the ning community was migrated to ELGG.  It appears that most people who were migrated back then got a join date on ELGG of November 4th, including myself.  Fast forward to January 2017. We migrated every member from ELGG who had some something into Jive.  Anyone who had registered but hadn’t done anything in ELGG wasn’t migrated.  When you first logged on to Jive you got a registered date which is the first date you logged in after the move.  For the people who are new their join date and their member since date will be the same thing.  You don’t get a Jive account until you accept the terms the first time. So you could potentially join EX and then participate in the community years later.  

To to answer your question the Join Date, Member since date etc are not dates that you or I can change.  They are system times and not are editable.  Should there be a way to do so in the future, we might consider it.  For now the points are definitely and indication of the sweat equity you have contributed.  It shouldn’t go unnoticed even if the time isn’t exact. We do have your correct date you joined EX, no worries, the community join date is just inaccurate for some and member since is just the day you first got to Jive.  

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah, on the leader board.  Don't spend much time there.  But if you look at newbie's pages you'll see their join date on their profiles  also.  I suspect Nov 4, 2009 was the day they moved from the wonderful Ning platform to the horrible Elgg.  Just guessing.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

A little development on this front.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos