Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sailez

What's Your Motivation to Quit?

What's your motivation to Quit?

My motivation:

I Love traveling and would like to see the maximum world before I die. If I am infirm tomorrow, my family or kids or anyone wouldn't take the trouble to show me around. I thought I have to Keep myself fit till the day I die.

I smoked last 2 cigarette back to back on 26th March 2016 an evening before my birthday, which falls on 27th. Took a selfie of myself smoking & posted it to my mailbox.

I stopped myself from the temptation of smoking hourly at first than daily. Ex community helped me with the day count, so I boasted that I have stay quit for so many days.

Whenever there's a strong urge, I question myself, do I really want to go through the same regime of quitting once again. The first day is the most difficult, I you cross the 1st Day, you can.

What's Your Motivation? Once again.

22 Replies
Mortalzeus

My health and to increase my level of energy.  Having twin girls at 52 years old, I need all the help I can  
I want to be there when they graduate from High School and hopefully beyond. 

Darren

sailez

That's really motivating! This inspires me more to stay quit, as I too have 3 kids & the youngest being only 2 yrs old.

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

They do have a way of redirecting our focus  mine are 15 months. 

Darren

sailez

Exactly.

We all want our kids to have a better life.

0 Kudos
bonniebee

wow twin girls how wonderful and what a surprise at 52 years young !

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

I was sick and tired. I was tired of looking like a fool with a cigarette in my mouth.  The majority of my friends had quit smoking long before. I was sick and tired of wasting my money.  I was sick and tired of being sick and tired of smoking.  I was tired of being the only one in the room that smoked.  I was just tired of it all, the smell, the yellowing of my teeth.  Hiding, trying to find a place to smoke.  I  just felt really really dumb. 

sailez

Yes that happened with me too. Good for us now we see others in the same light. Haha

0 Kudos
prjimm01

super answer

elvan

I was getting shorter and shorter of breath and I went past the point where I could deny the fact that I have COPD.  I HATED smoking. I never liked the smell, I never liked having people see me smoking because it made me feel ashamed.  I decided that I wanted to do anything and everything that I could to be healthier.