cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kpnbo

Cravings getting stronger

So.....it’s been a little over 3 months and my cravings seem to be getting worse not better. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You are right on schedule!  What you are experiencing is what we here have termed No Mans Land (2-4 months quit)  You may have become complacent in your quit, your friends and family think you should be over it already.  Out of the blue, a random, intense, sometimes never ending crave can hit you.  You might start to feel like you are just worn out from the effort this quitting is taking and want to throw in the towel.  Don't do it!  This period is the death throes of your addiction! 

Just pull out the tools you found useful early in your quit and this phase will have no power over you.

You are almost THERE!   Hang in there - these WILL end! A lot of quits are lost during this time - don't let yours be another one!!

Nancy

Kpnbo

Thank you so much!  Thant is exactly how I feel!  I just want to give in. But I believe you when you say these cravings will  end. I will keep on going. Thanks for the encouragement!  It is much needed. 

TW517

Yep.  What Nancy said.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Hang tough, stay close, be mindful of what is going on around you, protect your quit.  Never give up or give in. 

0 Kudos
elvan

DO stay close to the site and interact with people here, read blogs, see how people have kept going, I PROMISE you that it gets easier. There will come a time when you really feel secure in your quit, TIME is your friend here, the more days of freedom that you stack, the better.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Summer-Rain

I understand how you feel.  I've been there.  Just ride that crave any you will be out of no man's land soon.  Just don't give up.  During this time it is best to stay close to this site and read and or blog.  You've got this!  Take one hour/day at a time.

The journey continues.

0 Kudos