cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kpnbo

New Here

Hello Everyone. I am new here and just wanted to say hello  I am in my 3rd month of quitting...cold turkey. Have read some encouraging things already and feel like I am in a place where I belong. 

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Tabbiekat

Welcome

0 Kudos

very good

0 Kudos
TW517

Welcome!  Congrats on 2+ months quit!

0 Kudos
gardenancy8

Welcome and  congrats on your 3 month quit!  

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Glad you are here!  Congratulations on your three month quit!  You have come a long ways on your own ---- and should be VERY proud.

Let us know if you have questions or concerns.

Nancy

0 Kudos
Giulia

First Trimester - way to go!  lol  I'm a cold turkey (or rather I should say a Smart Turkey‌) quitter m'self.  This is definitely a "belonging place."  I lost two quits over the years at the end of that 90 day period.  It was a real faltering place for me.  But back then (I'm OLD!) there was no internet and no support in that sense.  The final time I quit (11 plus years ago), I not only had the education, #1, but the support of an on line group.  Both are incredibly important tools to maintain a quit.  Many hurrah's for your success up to the point.  Word of advice:  watch you back with this addiction.  The Nicodemon is a really clever bugger.  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2016/09/06/a-quit-dialogue-in-iv-acts   A very LONG playlette I wrote that may illuminate the journey.  Or may bore you to tears.  "Take what works and leave what doesn't"  is our general word of advice.   Welcome.

0 Kudos
wianno9616

Congrats on your three months of quitting smoking. Yes you are in the right place, this is the place where I was able to quit for good and it has been over 400 days. We all tried before and failed, and this web site will take you on a journey towards success. Go on daily and read all you can from the elders and what to expect on the road ahead. Set goals for yourself, keep track of your meter tracking the days you have quit and succeeded in your journey. Once you reach a point of NML(No Mans Land) about 130 days you are on your way as a non-smoker. Stay strong and never give up on your quit, it is priceless, and you will feel better every day. I wish you the best, and you can do this, just like myself and others that you have read about. Do not give up. NOPE (Not one puff ever); SINAO- Smoking is NOT an option. 

0 Kudos
elvan

GOOD FOR YOU, CONGRATULATIONS, you have gotten through three months on your own, I am really impressed.  We are here to help as much as we can...you are in a place we call No Man's Land when craves seem to come out of nowhere...look up roller831‌ she usually does a blog on Wednesdays for people in No Man's Land and a lot of people drop by and reminisce.  Welcome to EX.  Remember that smoking does nothing FOR you but it sure can do a lot TO you.

Best,

Ellen

NancyJC

This site was very helpful to me.  I have now been quit since October 2008.  Stay strong and welcome.

0 Kudos