cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kimberly16

What works?

Hi exers, what works for you? what would you like to try to stop caving to the urge to smoke?

For me there's loud music sung by chix, lipstick, hot tamales, bubble gum flavored extra gum, and poetry with curse words!- among other things of course!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jen32

Granny Smith Apples. Gum makes me want to smoke because I relate gum to keeping me from smoking, so it makes me want it more. Weird right? I don't know what it is but those apples kill the most difficult cravings of the day.
0 Kudos
kimberly16

Yeah, Granny smiths have that bite, thats great that they work for you. i found that strong tastes help me out; for example, i can eat just about anything cinnamon now, I'm up to two cinnamon altoids at a time- when i first started it gave an "edge" to having something in your mouth, that seemed to take the edge off a craving. if that makes sense?

When are your worst times of day ?

Mine is about 3:30 pm, I get real anxious and if i didn't have a nice healthy late lunch, i risk a binge to fight a craving- really unhealthy foods and stuff. - so i see how apples help that too!
0 Kudos