cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

Home Sweet Home

Hi Ex'ers Yes I am finally visiting "my Island " I leave tomorrow and i arrive at 3:05 in Bourne where my sister will meet me. I will spend a few days with her on the 

Cape and then I will take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard and spend the next few days with my Son Jake and his Girlfriend Cathy who I have not met yet, and  my Grandson Mason and his beautiful dog Athena who I have not met either .  While there I will attend my 50th HS Reunion !!! That is exciting many of my classmates I have not seen in years, I hope there is a good turnout . It is sad that at least 10 of them have passed on and in a class of just 52 students that seems a high number for our age group (68 ).

I will be travelling with no cell and no computer that is different ! A whole 6 days with no Internet or phone ! 

I will also be there as an ex-smoker it will be so nice to chat with my class mates and enjoy myself without having to run outside every 20 or 30 minutes to light up my fix ! I know when a smoker even when I was not outside I was already thinking about going outside and feeling very fidgety having to sit and converse without that sickerette in hand ! I will feel so free ! 

I have come down with a cold in the past few days i can't believe it I just hope i don't give it to my sister who is not very healthy . I have not had a cold since last fall it will be interesting to see how quickly or not so quickly this cold goes away it has not migrated to my chest yet . When I  got colds when smoking the coughing was wicked and went on and on for months as it  turned  into bronchitis . 

Well so long everyone I will not be in touch until next Monday night .  I am so grateful and happy to be going on this trip !!!martha's Vineyard beautiful  sand sculpture made by Allouise waller Morgan's grand daughter.jpgMVISunset over Vineyard haven and the harbor.jpgMy hometownEdgartown state beach with sign Blanchard.jpg 

Can't wait to see my loved ones !

I will miss all of you Ex'ers take care and Newbies please  stick to NOPE, SINAO and One day at a time will get you where you want to go ! Come to Ex everyday !

13 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Have fun!  You will be missed!

bonniebee

Thank you Jennifer !

0 Kudos
Giulia

I know how very much this island home of yours  and this trip mean to you.  I am ecstatic that you're doing it.  I hope it lives up to all your dreams and hopes and past reality.  That it nourishes  you in all the ways your soul desires and that it makes your heart sing.

No cell, no computer, no internet, no phone - REJOICE in that freedom.  It's a rare commodity these days.  You are missing NOTHING without them.  We are here and will be here when you return.  

bonniebee

Thanks so much for your nice comment Giulia ! I will miss you and all the other Ex'ers and  you are so right i have been looking forward to this vacation for a long time now !

YoungAtHeart

I am SO happy for you!

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

Nancy

MarilynH

Yay for you you and your beautiful family  you definitely will be missed but I know you'll be having an awesome time with your family and yay for being an Exer and I pray that your cold is disappearing as I'm writing this, huge hug.

NewMe

Wow, this sounds like a wonderful trip. I'm so glad you get to go. Enjoy all that time with friends and family without the distraction of modern technology! 

JACKIE1-25-15

Enjoy

Barbara145

Praying for a wonderful time for you sweet Bonnie B.