cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lolotte

Lungs Nodules

I know it’s not really related to “quitting” but I just found out that I have 2 tiny nodules. The pneumogist told me to keep an eye on them for two years. He added that they look really benign and that I shouldn’t worry about them at all. But I am a very anxious person. Anyone had the same experience?

By the way I want to thank all the persons who replied to my previous question and who welcomed me! 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sootie

I have not had this problem.......but, I would just suggest maybe a second opinion? I am like you and I don't "do" well watching things.........I like action. I am no doctor and so do not know anything about nodules in the lung......but, a second opinion never hurts.

And welcome.......I did not get to welcome you to our community before this.

0 Kudos

I have had many nodules in my lungs for the last 4 years. They haven't changed much in that time. I will start yearly CAT scans just before my next Pulmonologist visit and continue them yearly from there.

elvan

Were these nodules seen on a CT Scan?  I have small nodules that are also likely benign, I have to have low dose CT Scans annually and it is covered by my insurance.  Thomas3.20.2010‌ suggested that everyone who could...get a low dose CT Scan because they typically uncover issues before an xray can.  I was really worried until I got the results, I have had two now and the nodules have not grown.  I have also had lung surgery so they would certainly have been able to tell at that point if there was an issue.  If you are not satisfied, ask for a follow up or a second opinion.

Yes, I also have to very small stable nodules discovered on the first CT Scan and followed up each Year since. I had to pay for my first Scan and then - once they found something they reimbursed me. The second time I had to submit paperwork for weeks to get that one scheduled even though it was clearly marked necessary by my pulmonologist. It was worth the fight! I also have high anxiety! Not knowing is worse!

0 Kudos
constanceclum

I have 1 nodule that is 2.4 cm and several very small ones. I have had these for 3 yrs and get CT scans every 6 mo. I have had a few PT scans to make sure they are not cancerous and the CT scans check for growth. I don't worry about them in between tests-maybe a little anxiety prior to my post test pulmonologist visit. Hope this gives you some comfort.

Connie

Barbara145

A  CT scan is equivalent to the radiation of 100 Chest x-rays.  That kind of radiation concerns me.

0 Kudos
elvan

Barbara145‌ These are specifically Low Dose CT Scans looking to see the nodules and measure any growth or to see if they are multiplying.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

And if the second opinion is exactly the same as the first, will you still worry? Your pneumogist's recommendations sound very reasonable. A second opinion isn't unreasonable either. In pre-quit mode keep working on your recovery from smoking plan....so that you feel ready for day won. One day at a time, yes you can.