cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

molpat98

Could it be the patch that's making me sick?

Hi. I have currently been stopped smoking for three days now and I am on the patch and gum. If not had any gum today but have the patch on. I've been throwing up all morning from when I put it on. Could it be the patch that's making me sick?  Tia Thanks guys

Tags (1)
8 Replies

I don't know because this is Virus Season. I would be going to the Doctor. 

Mortalzeus

Tia,

I would check with your Doctor before you continue with the patch/gum combo.  Although nausea or vomiting is a common side effect, it is also a symptom of overdose.  I used the patch and lozenge combo and I had only minor symptoms of uneasiness.  I did have some nausea at first, but that was only because I didn't read the directions and thought I was suppose to swallow the lozenges!

thG1Z3364M.jpg

Darren

JACKIE1-25-15

You have to make sure that you are using the patch correctly, "according to how much nicotine you use to consume".  Read the instructions carefully.  I am not an expert but you may be putting more nicotine in your system than what it is accustomed to when you smoked.  Or it just may be a coincidence.

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX.  

You have come to the right place for a new day and a rebirth.The idea is to start at the beginning by making a commitment that no matter what happens or goes on in your life that you will not use it as an EXcuse to smoke.  With that philosophy you will have success on this journey.  No it is not easy but it is doable by using that principle and educating yourself about nicotine addiction.   If you hang around you will see that quitting is doable, because many of us have.  Look forward to a new day and a new way of life.  It is all up to you.  This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be smoke free. Quitting smoking requires hard work and determination not to give up.   It can be challenging at times but you will learn that it is doable if you adhere to NOPE not one puff ever no matter what. Start first, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction.  Education is the key to a successful quit.  Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.       

The link is here:  http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Go to http://www.becomeanex.org/how-to-quit-smoking.php#thl and get started

Barbara145

Did smoking make you throw up?  Then I doubt that the patch and gum are doing it : ).  Keep at it.  Not smoking is pretty wonderful.  You first have to get through the beginning.

elvan

molpat98‌ I did not use any nicotine replacement but I tend to agree with the people who think you might be using too strong a dose...I would recommend that you call your doctor and/or your pharmacist.  How much did you smoke when you were smoking?  I hope you feel better and that you are able to hold onto your quit because it really is the best gift you can give yourself.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

pongaselo

I am sure that you believe that the nicotine is the biggest problem. The patch, gum and whatever other poison they are pushing in most cases will NOT assist you in quitting. If that crap worked, the tobacco people would have gotten rid of it.  All that junk amounts to is another profit source for manufacturers, vendors and prescribers. These people only get your money if you buy the lies and their junk. As others have mentioned, you may be using too much. Folks say that they smoke a pack a day. A really common number.  Personally, I have looked at my ashtrays and found that two or three cigarettes were lit at the same time sometimes (lots of times from stress) and none of them smoked. If I went to a doctor for the patch and reported that I smoked 2 packs a day, the patch with that amount of nicotine would likely damn near kill me.  For me, the obvious problem was the triggers. Read "Easy way to stop smoking".  Just a thought. 

prjimm01

yes, NRT can make you sick.  check your dose.

0 Kudos