cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sinus Relief

I only missed a couple nights on stage my entire time on the road.

It was for infected sinuses. It felt like a thousand knives were sticking in my head.

Here's how you get some relief.

Put some water (an inch) and 4T salt in a saucepan or small skillet.

Bring to a slightly rolling simmer.

Make a tent for your head with a towel and from about 18 inches away,  gently breathe through your nose. Adjust the distance further or closer but don't let the steam burn your nose.

5 Replies
Fee33

I've got a humidifier in my house two of them I guess it's got to run it's course thanks it's so helpful though 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I have tried this remedy and it works - immediately.  I didn't even use salt - just the steam from the water.

MarilynH

I've also used this method and it does work immediately, temporarily but I'd use it several times a day for the relief, give it a try before bed tonight. Fee33 feel better soon. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Steam helps...I used to work for an ear nose and throat doc and he recommended mixing a pinch of salt with 1/2 cup of warm water and sucking it up into one nostril.  If you are infected, it hurts like crazy  but it helps whatever drainage is in there to start coming out.  I had to do it this morning because I couldn't breathe through my nose at all.  

0 Kudos

back when I was a kid and the ocean was cleaner, if you had a cut and went swimming in the ocean, the wound was virtually healed after some time in the salt water.  😉