cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Did you get your Flu Shot Yet?

It's that time of year! And this is a Great time to review when you had your last pneumonia shot! Since it's only every 5 Years it's easier to forget! These vaccinations save lives but even more important they make your Quality of Daily Living so much better! I don't mean to harp (too much) but it's very important!

http://www.empr.com/idweek-2017--vaccines/influenza-pneumococcal-vaccine-chronic-obstructive-airway-... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
10 Replies
Bree19

Keep harping.  Your toons are important to listen to.

YoungAtHeart

Both of mine are good. 

Thanks for the reminder, though!

Nancy

elvan

Got my flu shot a few days ago...tried to get it twice before, doc's office was out of vaccine and the pharmacy told me it would be at least an hour's wait...I went back two days later and waited over 45 minutes but I GOT it.  I chose to have it in my LEFT arm because my right shoulder is killing me, hahaha, now they are BOTH killing me.  I give up...maybe I can find a way to get by with NO arms.

Got mine last Monday at the pulmonologist's office.

johio

I got pneumonia and am about to get flu

gregp136

I agree, it is important, because some people cannot get them, and by others getting them it also helps those who cannot.  My weird blood keeps the vaccines from doing any good.  Therefore, my chance of not getting sick relies on how many people around me get the vaccine.

0 Kudos
elvan

gregp136‌ I have been on steroid for over 25 years and I don't build an immunity with vaccines or even the DISEASES but my docs all insist that I get them.

gregp136

I have had the same conversations with my doctor.  So he went online to his medical site and it was very clear.  No help to me what so ever.

0 Kudos
elvan

gregp136 I figure it's not worth fighting over for me...God knows if I get the flu, it will probably kill me and there would be my doctor(s) asking me if I got my shot...I have had shingles repeatedly, still no immunity, I have had pneumococcal pneumonia at least three times...they still insisted that I get the shot, same with the hepatitis series of three shots...tested and no immunity so they repeated it...STILL no immunity.  They swear that I will never know if I would have gotten a LIGHTER case of the flu if I had the shot.  They win, go ahead, STICK me.  I have to choose my battles carefully, I only have so much energy.

It is SO GOOD to hear from you, Greg!

Ellen

0 Kudos