cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Do You Know Your Blood Type?

Did you know that there is a Blood Type Food Site? I didn't.

Evidently they have a program for dieting using your blood type to tell you what works best with your blood type. Google lectins for more information on molecule binding regarding your digestive and immune systems.

What I found interesting was they have a searchable database that lets you enter food items to see if they are compatible with your blood type.

I discovered this searching to see if honey is compatible with B Negative blood.

Honey.jpg

I am curious.  I've always asked myself lots of questions.

Answers help you figure things out and they are spread out all over the content of this site.

There is a search engine in the top right corner where you can type whatever word topic you seek.  Don't use ****  **** ***

Or, you can ask us.

No questions are too stupid (except some of the ones I see on Quora like "How many cartons of marlboros will fit in a semi trailer." What? Are you planning a heist.)

Seek The Answers

CALL OUT FOR HELP IF YOU ARE LOSING IT (BUT, BEFORE YOU SMOKE.)

GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR QUIT SO IT DOESN'T GET AWAY FROM YOU

Onward And Upward Honey

update: I ended up making cinnamon toast.

5 Replies
elvan

There is a book "Eat Right for your Blood Type" that my brother sent me years ago.  He swore by that book for quite a while, he has since moved on to "Grain Brain"...he has never smoked but has had all kinds of immune system issues and when he gets sick, he runs fevers that are off the charts.  He was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at one time, had to have his thyroid removed a few years ago when they could not regulate it with medication.  He says he feels 20 years younger on this grain free diet and that he has not been sick at all.  It's pretty interesting.  Not sure I am ready to give up all grains though.

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I had to give up grains for a few weeks to see if my digestive problems would subside it was very hard to give up the grains and glutten free bread and crackers do not taste very good !

0 Kudos
elvan

My daughter in law can make you forget the gluten is missing...she bakes the most amazing scones and cinnamon rolls...honestly, but they are full of sugar and calories.  My son can also make another sugar filled but gluten free cupcake...OMG, I think I could eat an entire batch of them by myself.

Did you feel better after giving up grains?  I have cut most meat from my diet..I only occasionally have any meats of any kind...I don't miss them.

xoxo,

Ellen

0 Kudos
ahkhippiechic

you crack me up.  One of my ex mother in laws (Yep, had more than ONE) used to be on that diet, along with every other diet IN THE WORLD.  I remember her coming to my house once and saying that she could only consume rabbit and bison and could use chocolate as a condiment.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

0 Kudos
elvan

ahkhippiechic‌ OMG...rabbit, bison, and chocolate, I think I need to vomit..yep, that telltale salivating from the back of my mouth is warning me to find a bucket.