cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LanaKay

Thank you fellow exers!

Today I had lunch with two of my friends I used to smoke with. I have not smoked for about a year and a half. Today I am so grateful that I am an ex. I have never heard two old ladies cough so bad in my life!  They each had bad coughing spells during lunch. You know that deep throaty cough that comes after too many cigarettes. I have been thanking the good Lord all afternoon that I was able to bbreak free. Thank you all for helping me do it. 

5 Replies
elvan

Oh yeah, I know that cough really well.  Two of my friend who say they know they need to quit, cough like that and huff and puff almost as much as I do but they think they can put it off.  Good to hear from you.

0 Kudos

Hi Lana! Good to hear from you! 1 1/2 Years is terrific! Congratulations! Yes, that Smokers' Cough could turn out to be Chronic Bronchitis! Doesn't sound so bad? Chronic Bronchitis is progressive and incurable. Chronic Bronchitis + Emphysema = COPD! The damage done to the cilia can cause pneumonia as well as other upper respiratory infections that can damage the lungs permanently! I hope your Friends decide to Quit Smoking before it's too late! 

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on your wonderful quit! 

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Good for you Lana ! I do know that cough well as it used to be mine I am so grateful that my lungs have healed from the Chronic Bronchitis ! My voice was also very low and is still low but has gone up a notch .

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Very happy for you, congratulations Lana!

0 Kudos