cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

If the quit were your pet

Would you give it all your attention?

Would you tend to its needs (acknowledge the craves, do what it takes till they go away, protect it from harmful environments; protect it from abusers: smokers)?

Would you feed him the best food you can afford (read about it, blog about it, learn everything you can about it);

Stay with the EX site and make it a priority at least until you feel your quit is all grown up)?

Hold it and cherish it because it is important and dear to you, and you know how good it is to your health, your family, your relationship, your job?

I would!!!

10 Replies

Yes! Like a pet gives back more than it requires so does our Quit Journey!

elvan

What a LOVELY blog, Daniela2016‌, so very true.  We all need to treat our quits as though they are entirely dependent upon us because they ARE!

It would not need a pet-garette

Giulia

I would pet it, hold it, treat it kindly - and let us not forget to have FUN with it!  

Hmmmm, maybe EX should market stuffed Pet Quits.   When we're frustrated and angry we could fling it around the room, pummel it (it'd have to be made of sturdy material for sure! lol); when teary we could hug it and pet it and let the tears soak into it's fur; when happy we could play catch with it and toss it in the air, or wear it around our shoulders. 

Then more people would hold onto their quits?

Giulia

Good One!!!!!

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Giulia‌, I don't really like the fling it around the room  

When I wrote this I really thought how I needed to treat my quit, especially in the early stages; now it feels more like a walk in the park, but as the law requires, the leash is still necessary.  I can use the stretchy leash, and let my quit wander around a little bit, but when I feel danger approach, (like the mean pit-bull who attacked us last year just about this time), I can pull on the leash, and bring my quit right close to me, give it a little bit of love so it will never ever leave me...

0 Kudos

No Flinging Here.

Giulia

Daniela, I understand your point,  I was thinking of it in that sense like a dammit doll.  When you're frustrated, when cravings are too in your face, you just slam it! and get it all out of you.  It was just a joke.