cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fee33

How's everyone coping today without cigarettes?

Just wanted to check on everyone

29 Replies
ShawnP

I am coping just fine. Who needs them anyway?

Fee33

That's right whoop whoop!! Not I said Felicia...who's with me?

shashort

I am with ya Felicia coping great without those yucky sticks. Yep Shawn right we don't need those stinky things.

MarilynH

Yay for Smokefree living, the longer we're quit the happier we are and we realize how much better life is without the crutch of cigarettes, yay for Freedom because life is grand without a cigarette in hand.

I don't miss them at all! Not the stink, the burn holes in my clothes, the daily expense, hanging out with co-smokers with whom I have nothing else in common, the premature wrinkles, shortness of breath, smokers' cough, irritation when I couldn't light up, worry about cancer, anxiety about securing my daily pack, judgment from some non-smokers, .....just to name a few things! 

I do LOVE picking up my Granddaughters knowing they will never be exposed to third hand smoke, the fact that I set a great example to those around me by taking care of myself, the growth as an individual that was only possible by my Quit Journey, Breathing!

Smoking gave me absolutely nothing and robbed me of - ME! Recovery gives it all back!

JACKIE1-25-15

I am doing fine.  Not in my hands, not on my lips, not in my mouth, not in my lungs, not on my tongue, not in my throat, I will not choke.  Yay for freedom.  NOPE will keep me free.  Whoo Hoo. 

bonniebee

sayings quit free.png

And it means so much to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick with Ex Felicia !!!! 

Giulia

I've no need to "cope" because cigarettes are simply no longer a part of my days, in thought or in deed.  No need to wonder if this next one is going to be the one that sets off the cellular changes that lead to cancer.  No pressure to quit.  No desire for a cigarette.  No need to search for a lighter, or roll down the window in the car.  No need to run to the store at midnight to get my fix.  I've ceased coping and am now LIVING!  What a relief!

Fee33

Well I'm only on day 7 wo cigarettes so yes I am still coping I'ma a newbie quitter...so proud of you though I will be there one day where you or at in your DOF