cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

What is happening in the World?

It's so heartbreaking to watch the news and see what's happening in Puerto Rico! I just can't imagine what they're going through, I haven't heard how Texas or Florida are managing now or the wildfires that's been going on! They're natural disasters that's happening which is horrible but these mass shootings I just don't get WHY? What's wrong with people and driving into innocent people with vehicles ugh WHY? But no matter what is happening in this crazy World that we're living in let's be very vigilant and protect our quits with our lives and let's send all the devastation happening around the world our prayers and for whoever is in charge of helping Puerto Rico to do what needs to be done quickly please! 

14 Replies
YoungAtHeart

If we were still smokers, just think how all this would have contributed to doing it chain style!  My heart breaks for all the tragedy we see unfolding..............

but I'm so glad we aren't smoking over it.

MarilynH

Thanks Nancy, I pray for strength and healing and peace of mind for everyone that's dealing with life's tragedies and I pray for some peace on this earth! 

elvan

We SO NEED peace, we need to take care of each other, not just here but everywhere.  This mass shooting is making me sick to my stomach, I cannot imagine what would make a person want to do that.

I so hope that help for the hurricanes, the earthquake, and the fires is improving, particularly in Puerto Rico.  

MarilynH

Huge hug Ellen, I'm sick to my stomach too with this shooting! How can civilians get their hands on these assault weapons it just doesn't make sense! elvan 

0 Kudos

I was just thinking the same things, Marilyn! I just read this article which I know to be true:

Forgotten in life and death: inequality for Mexico's invisible underclass after quake | World news |... 

Can you imagine having a worker in your household for Years and not even acknowledge that they have a last name, a family, a life outside of your needs? Whether they get paid or not is secondary to you? Cruelty has always existed but you know what, Marilyn? Good always triumphs over Evil and LOVE always trumps Hate! (Sorry about the pun; I couldn't resist!)

MarilynH

Thanks Thomas, don't apologize about the pun I think it was needed my friend and I'm going to check out the link, thanks for sharing it, everyone should be treated equal no matter what! Huge caring cyber hug from me to you Thomas3.20.2010 ....

0 Kudos
Roller831

I have no words (well, I have lots of words, but think I need to keep them to myself).  Vegas is sad.  PR is sad.  Mexico is sad.  FL is sad.  TX is sad.  

Fee33

And I agree with you roller I have nothing else to say tbh! 

0 Kudos
KMC56

This is sooo overwhelming on all accounts.  Thomas3.20.2010,  Good always triumph over EVIL,  and LOVE always overcomes HATE.

WE have an amazing priest, whose homily was on the subject of respect for life...ALL life, and mentioned an article that he read that the headline read..'How having children interferes with retirement finances'.  This is how detached we are from life.

I'm a firm believer that in order for Good and Love to conquer EVIL and HATE, prayer, I beleive inprayer.

..,and of course, staying smoke free!

~Kathy