cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fee33

So how is your eating habits?

So I wanna know how is your eating habits since you stop smoking do you need more or less? Here is my answer I eat more now an snack snack snack none stop! It's like I cannot get enough food ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM???      

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Most of us had that problem early in our quits.  We are missing that oral satisfaction that smoking provided - and there is a feeling of emptiness that we try to fill.  To avoid too much gained weight, try sipping on cold water first, then use some healthy fruits (frozen grapes and cherries, apple slices) and veggies (cut up celery, carrot sticks, cauliflower, broccoli) in between the other less healthy alternatives.

0 Kudos
Fee33

Gone grocery shopping for all that tomorrow my cravings for a cigarette is less to none i stay to busy to think of smoking thank you so much for the information and what to eat thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos
elvan

I have to admit that I used sour candies to reset my mind, I suspect that a little lemon juice would have done the same thing WITHOUT the sugar.  I drank tons of ice water, that was my "go to" and I went there FIRST.  I also had frozen cherries on hand all the time and they worked wonders.  The oral fixation takes a while to go away, it is how we dealt with everything, we put a smoking stick in our faces.

Ellen