cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fee33

Feeling sadness

I am feeling sadness an doubt tonight I am restless I just got paid and usually I buy smokes an candy an cokes an chips snacks basically and Iike it just hit me so hard I quit smoking my routine has changed so much like every night I get my check I would go buy cigarettes and couldn't wait to get them and like I was so down because things r changing and I'm like so overwhelmed tonight! Feel like crying 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You are becoming a healthier YOU!  Nothing to be sad about - at ALL!  Rejoice in the extra $$$ you are not wasting on things that have no true value to you!

(but the sadness and mood swings ARE a part of the quit process......perhaps buy a sweet smelling candle to enjoy, or treat yourself to a carry-out meal with your savings?  Celebrate the GOOD things!!!)

Nancy

Barbara145

You are doing a new thing.  Sadness is part of letting go of cigarettes for most of us.  All of the negative feelings you are experiencing now will be worth it.  I have more joy in my life than I ever did smoking.  You can do this.  I am glad you are here.  This community  will help you get through the difficult parts : )

elvan

What you are feeling is perfectly normal and everyone here felt it at one point in their quits.  Some felt it earlier, some felt it later.  The most successful ones are those who go forward and find NEW "rewards"...REAL ones.  As YoungAtHeart‌ suggested, you might get yourself something you would not normally buy on this day, clearly, you do not want cigarettes, get something that is a "treat" for you and that is also a reward for beginning this journey to freedom.

Congratulations on facing your first really conscious challenge!

Ellen