cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow, following, follower

Jump to solution

I know when we first embarked on this Jive journey, the purpose of "following" was to react with a person.  You couldn't message them without following them first.  Now that that has been corrected, what is the purpose behind following/follower?  I only ask this because it seems like I'm only seeing a very select few posting.  Hope I'm not missing someone by not "following them."  Does anyone know????

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

The following function is intended to help people who you deem important to stick out from the rest. It serves two purposes. 1. To align similarly to the "Friends" functionality found previously on Elgg and 2. also to focus content delivery. Your preferences determine how you get notified and it also influences how your EX Feed is populated.  Click the Following tab to see content for things(people, places and content) you're following. It actually works similar to Elgg, I suspect some people may have turned off notifications so they're not getting an email. You can adjust frequency to pick one that you're comfortable with.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

This is what I do.  Go to home.  Click on "Read the Latest Updates".  It defaults to "sort by date created - newest first". So I scan down the list for new material.  Then I "sort by latest activity - newest first" to see new comments on older material.  I can see everything from here (except status updates).  If I click on "My Ex Feed" I miss a lot because not everything shows up there for me.  It could be in my settings or because I am not following someone.  Not sure why - but the latest updates on the home page does work for me.

Yep you can get a better view from all activity.  

0 Kudos

Before Jive we could see when someone we followed posted, now we can't.  Following basically for me is to keep a log of who I connected with and if they are around or not to communicate.  Otherwise it is another  mission or badge thing.  The following aspect is not serving a full potential at this time to me.  js  just saying.

0 Kudos

that's what I thought.  It is really serving no purpose really at all at this point.  I didn't know if it was something I was missing or not

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

The following function is intended to help people who you deem important to stick out from the rest. It serves two purposes. 1. To align similarly to the "Friends" functionality found previously on Elgg and 2. also to focus content delivery. Your preferences determine how you get notified and it also influences how your EX Feed is populated.  Click the Following tab to see content for things(people, places and content) you're following. It actually works similar to Elgg, I suspect some people may have turned off notifications so they're not getting an email. You can adjust frequency to pick one that you're comfortable with.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos