cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

emostruggle

Why all of a sudden?!

I really don't get it, I am on day 12 today and it feels like I have been starting at the beginning of my quit since day 10. I am off my rocker today between the fighting in my head and crying uncontrollably. Plus I don't know how to combat my trigger of my house. It's the only place I used to smoke and I can't just avoid it, but everything I do and everywhere I go today makes me remember and miss smoking.  I'm super nastalgic too and it is killing me. So badly just want to say screw it today, I'm sick of crying all the time!!

16 Replies

The crying will end.  Pick a room and revamp it.  Take the curtains down and wash them.  Vacuum all the furniture.  If there's throws on there, wash those too.  I rearranged my home office during those 30 days because that's where I did most of my smoking.  Wiped down ceiling fans, washed the curtains, the windows.  Scrubbed everything that didn't move.  Just keep busy, busy, busy.  Here's some good reading material /blogs/Storm_3.1.14-blog/2015/04/14/the-grief-cycle-youre-not-going-crazy 

DonnaMarie

I'm in agreement with the cleaning suggestion. If you wash something, you don't want to stink it up again, right? 

I have found that 10 days is my magic number. Maybe 13 is yours

Please hang in there. We need each other. I'm just a newbie again and encourage you to do whatever you have to do to not smoke. It's your house. You make it work for you. 

YoungAtHeart

If you don't feel like cleaning, play a computer game ----- it's OK to cry, too - just don't think that smoking will make you feel better - because it WON'T!  Get outside if you can, walk a bit briskly.  Look at the sky and think about who might be on that plane flying overhead - then make up a story about them.

Change your mind's direction!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Sanitize the area you smoked in.  Rearrange the furniture.  Light candles. Play some music.  Music will calm you.  Dance, Sing Laugh.  
Every time you get an urge just Laugh.  Try it.  It works the urges only last for a few minutes.

emostruggle

I caved, I am super dissapointing in myself and need to get back on track but now I'm scared. The quitting smoking app I have gave reasons to look up why I "slipped" and one of them is the build up overy time. My build up psychologically was what did it to me. I would gladly take any advice on how to combat this issue

freeneasy

Forgive yourself and start again. When you quit recovery is not a straight line. You found that out yourself. Try not to get into an emotional struggle and when you are having a tough time have faith it will not always be tough.   Day 10 good day 11 bad, day 12 better. That's how it is. N.O.P.E. is the answer.The key to being free.Learn How to Quit Smoking (and Make it Stick) 

0 Kudos
Strudel

First piece of advice - jump right back into things. The fear is normal......however, you can do this! If you haven't already read it (or need to refresh) - please check out  "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" - free download - 
http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf 

maryfreecig

10 days is not long in from the start. All that smoking was for you, is clear in your memory. Addiction is a problem of several moving parts, physical physical and brain, brain and repetition, feelings in relationship to addiction.

Keep making the effort to look away from your recently ended smoking by staying busy with constructive stuff that you really like to do. Keep focusing on your desire to be smoke free...the bigger picture...because you have one.

In ten days you have not smoked how many cigarettes? 100? 200? That is a big pile of filtered killer tobacco you have not taken in. High five, double high five. You've accomplished this. Take the credit and keep walking out of your addiction.

Yes you can.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Deep breaths and keep moving forward and stacking up your precious smoke free days because each day you get through is another day WON, it's going to take some time to relearn different ways of dealing with life's issues without the crutch of smoking but it's absolutely Doable and so very worth it all to be FREE. 

0 Kudos