cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

Lifebuoy

I had to look it up, but my morning thought was :

If life gives you a lifebuoy and tells you to go to becomeanex.org, what would you do?

If you are told by sticking with this site you can leave behind you the muddy waters which is your life as a smoker, a life of misery, of addiction,  to replace it with a life of freedom, what would you do?

If we tell you: "don't be afraid, quitting never killed anyone, craves never killed anyone, but smoking does", what would you do?

If we tell you no matter what your hardest time will be while quitting there is at least one person here who's gone through the same thing and can help, what would you do?

If we tell you, not matter who you are, if you want to quit, you are being loved enough here to be guided step by step towards a better life, what would you do?

Would you stick with us?

I hope you would, I hope you will!

Here it is, please take it

4 Replies
c2q

What a beautiful analogy, Daniela. All the great support I have received here at BecomeanEX has been a lifebuoy for me, for sure.

MarilynH

I agree with Patti, what a beautiful analogy this awesome Ex community is the greatest of the greatest life buoys! Reach out and take and hold on tight.

0 Kudos
elvan

Got mine, hanging on with both hands...beautiful, Daniela.

Roller831

Thank you!  Great analogy!  I am holding on tight and listening carefully!