cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

My reason to be proud: let's play together

I have noticed, particularly in the last couple of days (and I am first to be guilty of it), an undercurrent of sadness, regret, low self esteem.  Also in another blog, we recognize we don't know each other very well in this virtual world.  How about we play a game, learn more about who we are, and maybe even boost the morale.  Newbies, please participate, we would love to know more about you, so we can help each other better.

And I will start:

Daniela: I am most proud about the way I raised my son: he is nice, generous, he is making an awesome living, he is independent, but respectful of the family values

59 Replies

My daughter.

She did her own thing at 18 just like I did. She doesn't believe in the faith she was taught, but when I left home I blew with the wind myself for many years.

I feel she was indoctrinated by the school to value the PC culture.

She's very intelligent and appears to love life so I'm hopeful.

As the book says

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

We did. she will realize that value again one day.

I got to accompany her a few times.  🙂

Daniela2016

Congratulations Dale, as a mom I have the "empty nest syndrome"; we raise them to be full individuals, happy with their own lives, then I don't know what to do with mine, when he is away and happy as I wanted him to be   Oh, I find ways, to just hear his voice from time to time, without invading his life, like talking about what marinade to use on a turkey breast, (like google or even you guys would not have given me enough of these :-))   He called me, he was expecting company, I did not speak with him more than 5 minutes, but that made my day!

Daniela2016

She is so beautiful Dale, and talented, not wonder she is your pride!

bonniebee

I loved seeing you with your daughter in the video She is beautiful and talented just like her Dad !

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I love my family and I love the fact that I get a second chance to do better with my grandchildren because I'd like to think I'm much wiser than I was raising my kids, here's a pic I've posted here before but I don't have many pics of the three of them together so here's last yrs Christmas pic with my husband Mark to. At least they've got my full attention since I'm an Exer.

FB_IMG_1497317031618.jpg

Beautiful

Daniela2016

Such beautiful family Marilyn, and I admire all you and your husband are doing together at the house, it sounds to be such a warm place, perfect for your grand kids to gather!  You are great grand ma!

bonniebee

You have a beautiful family Marilyn !!! I love hearing about you and your grandchildren !

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Here is my son, with his wife, this spring in Marseille, they look happy, I am happy!

Marseille_2017.jpg