cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

Is this normal, am I normal?

It's been over a week, and you might remember the grilled eggplant story, and the smoke taste is lingering in the back of my throat.  The same taste as I had as a smoker who just finished a cigarette.

My teeth are ok, I am due to a cleaning that is true, I try to limit coffee to 2 cups/day and I eat in between these.

Could it be allergies, creating extra secretions and bringing back up more cleaning of the cilia from the bronchioles?

I have the feeling someone around me just had a cigarette, not so strong, but still, no one smokes at home at least my dogs started and did not tell me...little stinkers.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
prjimm01

can't say I ever had that symptom - interesting!  The important thing is that you are sticking to your plan!  Congrats to YOU!!!

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Thanks Jimmie, you too congrats, and I am at 560 DOFs today...weird, I think I am going to take a shower maybe that will change

(it sounds I did not take one for a week right?  kidding)

Jennifer-Quit

Never heard of that - would perhaps a hot drink like apple cider wash it away?

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

I don't know Jennifer, maybe it is just a fragile point in my quit and my imagination is playing tricks on me.  I am sure there are hallucinations for the smell, taste, much like they are noises, or visions... I used Flonase, and it seems to get better, thanks.

0 Kudos
elvan

I don't get that feeling or taste but I do get mucousy sometimes...I drink a swig of lemon juice and that knocks it out...thins the mucous and puckers me up for a while.  I think a shower is a good idea...LOVE the kitty.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I do recall tasting cigg early in my quit. I used vicks vapor rub, just a tiny bit under my nose  and took the taste away,

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Update: Flonase helped, it cleared the heaviness in the throat, and the taste went away...well I also had 1 (just one) glass of wine and a garlic dressing on the salad, these might have helped too!

YoungAtHeart

bonniebee

Sorry NOPE not happening here ! It must be annoying for you .