cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

The begin continues

A couple of slip ups and a resolve to continue not smoking. I took the daily pledge for 12 hours. It'll be bedtime then. I can make it and will. 

Today, I will read a few more chapters of Carr as a nonsmoker. Tomorrow morning, I will address my coffee smoke-free. That's as far ahead as I can pledge. 

I have a production meeting at the theater tonight, so that will begin my no smoking in the car. 

I'm looking at my personal life and picking out moments when I would have smoked. I don't want to avoid my routines, but do want to keep them from being triggers. This may take a bit to figure out, but I will not let it trip me up today.

Today is the thing. One moment, one hour, one day. 

The determination is strong!

bunnies.jpg

11 Replies
maryfreecig

Keep  working your quit and you will find your path out. So many of us have felt weird about quitting and so many have succeeded just the same. Facing triggers is important work--keep at it.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Come ideas to change it up:

Drink your coffee with your OTHER hand, in a place different from the smoking one.  Find a NEW way to get to the theatre so the scenery is different.  Take a cold bottle of water from which to sip while you drive.  Count the red/blue/white cars you see, or the number of lights you hit or miss.

DonnaMarie

I have a bottle of water that is my best friend today. I like the idea of changing up the coffee hand. Thanks for the hints!

Watch for pocket pellets.

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I have to ask - what is a pocket pellet? Will I be sorry I asked?

0 Kudos

from that bunny in your pocket.

2 SURE FIRE CRAVE BUSTERS

Bite Into A Lemon Skin And All

Stick Your Head In The Freezer And Count Backwards From 20.

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

Oh yeah! Thus begins my brain fog dorkiness. It's my derned bunny; you'd think I'd have gotten that. 

Strudel

You can do this! 

0 Kudos