cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Awarding Badges

It would be easier if the ability to award a badge were part of the hover-over aspect on a member's avatar, as "message"  and "follow" are.  Looks like there's enough space for one more to be placed there.  Would save the steps of having to first click on their avatar, then go to Actions, then click on Give badge.  More badges might be awarded if if were easier?  Just a passing thought. 

Tags (2)
9 Replies
MarilynH

That's a good idea Giulia, I never think of the badges or the points either for that matter but I have tried giving badges back several months ago and I must have been doing something wrong because out of probably 20 tries I believe that I only succeeded twice in people getting them so I just forgot all about it but I like your idea and I hope it can be accomplished then I'll try again.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pose it to Jive and their other customers. We actually don't fill the Hovercard with things and have chosen it to be more simple so there is a lot more room than the average site's hovercard.  I'll see if I can get a sense of how much real estate there is on another sites' hovercard to see if there is even room. It's not as modular as some of the other aspects of the site where you can move things around a bit.  Things are either on or off and show in their fixed spot or not.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mark.

MarilynH‌  Badges only cross my mind when someone gives me one, and then I start to think of whom I should pass one on to.  Having to get out of the blog where you are to go to the person's page, etc. makes it a more onerous and less attractive proposition.  I suspect if it were part of the hover card options more might be awarded as it's kind of a reminder that's they're there.

I agree with you Giulia, I only think of them when I notice them in the inbox or the odd time someone's given me one but it would be nice if they became part of the hover board then I might be interested in figuring out what I'm doing wrong so I could send a few out.

0 Kudos

Try giving a badge from inbox.  It should work.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

That was my point.  It DOES work.  I just assumed it wouldn't because if I try to edit my comment it says "no actions available."  I thought that would be true on other's comments also when the "actions" button was clicked.  

0 Kudos

Yeah actions in Inbox does serve some purpose. It's just watered down compared to the actual thread.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Looking at it I think it was very intentional where they put it. Badges were somewhat to give for thing on your profile(birthday, welcome, celebration), thus Actions in your Profile and Give badge.  They can also be given in response to content and that is why Actions > Give a Badge exists in the comments of topics. See below.  There might be some relational dependency so putting on a hovercard might be a little challenging.  Let me do some more digging.  This would however fall under the mercy of Jive deciding to offer it or not based on populist vote from their customers.

pastedImage_1.png

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Of COURSE!   I forgot that clicking on Actions is another way to give a badge.  I'm so used to looking at blogs from my inbox where  one can't edit by clicking on "Actions," I just assumed that no actions would be available on anyone else's comment also from there.  Thanks for the reminder! 

0 Kudos