cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

terrimw

Interested in helping with research

This group thing is a bit odd.  I can't figure out if anyone uses it or not.  I don't know if you posted this yesterday or a year ago so it's hard to say whether it's worth answering or not.

I would love to help you and would be happy to answer all your questions.  It's good to see that someone is truly interested in what would help those really going through it.

If this is current and you are still seeking information, please feel free to send me a note and I'll give you my thoughts,

Terri

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ginger7

Right. Its a good concept, but...yoo-hoo! anybody out there? I'd be willing to help, and I'd also be willing to learn how to do what you're doing. The best coaches are the ones who played the game a long time before they retired. I played pretty long, too!

0 Kudos
karen-lane

hi, i would like to answer those questions for u, i hope this is still current, cause the last post i see is 76 days ago, i am married, 33yrs, i am 55yrs old, have and 18 yr old son and a 15yr old son, am retired, my fear about smoking was getting sick, my fear about quitting was just quitting (they were my friends, and also afraid of the detox), the worst that could happen if i kept smoking would have been cancer, i didn't have any fear about telling friends that i was quitting except not keeping to it, my secret wish is i never started, i quit smoking 7 weeks ago, it is still hard because of the habit and being bored, angry, depressed, lonely, but i did use champix, they helped me a lot, without them i would not have quit, i used them for 3 weeks and stopped in the second week 3 days before my stop date, i got the pills from a friend for free, they are really expensive, they should be made more available and cheaper or over the counter, i had no side effects, but i decided to stop them early because i really didn't need them anymore, they are for the nicotine addiction, which by then was over,  other people have been great, but i find strangers better than friends, my are happy i did, although i do think that they would be happy if i smoked again, lol, because i have been crazy a bit, not smoking, i can be comfortable on airplanes, in buildings, restuarants, etc, trains, everyplace, because u can't smoke anywhere anymore, lol,  i also feel cleaner, also don't have to worry about how much they cost.   hope this helps

0 Kudos
ShaunMalik

Good luck. 

Ms. Shaun Malik 

0 Kudos