cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

Do you all have this kind of days?

It started with the morning walk on the sidewalk and getting a good amount  from the sprinklers on both sides of the sidewalk...I just hid my headphones so they don't get wet, and told myself: oh well it hot enough, I can take a cold shower...

Then I started working (so blessed, I wfh today) while mom kept speaking with my pets...trying to type an answer that had some meaning, no way...had to wait for mom to finish (since the pets did not answer, how rude), so I can actually work. 

Trying to multi-task, took some of my clothes to the laundry room, while mom already had one load in the dryer the other in the washer...she came inside later saying: I set your clothes in the washer, just turn it on.  I went and got them all out, so I can count and know how many hangers do I need.

Ran to get some more groceries during my lunch break, and attempt to settle in for a meeting at 2:00 pm; my little doggy boy went #2 in the backyard and guess what, instead of cleaning himself on the grass he came to do it on the rug in front of me...I ran for the rug cleaning solution and hard plastic brush, cleaned the rug, and used some nice and soft cleaning wipes on the little stinker's butt.

While in the meeting, my one cat who's only using the entrance door, finds the right time to ask out, so everybody on the phone can hear us and make some comments "oh, Daniela's cat is attending the meeting too"...

Onto the kitchen to make a marinade for some chicken tenders for tonight, of course mom has to be there too...I open the door to the freezer, and forget what I am looking for, turn around, the little Styrofoam tray I washed and got ready for my marinade is gone, mom recycled it while I had my back turned. I give up and walked out of the kitchen...mom can have it till is time for dinner...

And I did not smoke, nor will I in any future while I have my mind in the right place!

34 Replies
MarilynH

Yup I still have those kinds of days way too often ugh! I really hope your evening is much better than your day and that you'll get a decent nights sleep tonight and tomorrow will be a great one.

elvan

Oh yes, I absolutely have those days...had them when I smoked too.  I have to admit that your day, as terrible as it was, certainly did make me laugh.  One thing after another.  So sorry but so proud of you.  

XOXO.

Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

We all have good days - bad days - and in between days - smoking will not change that!  It is good to see you around more Daniela!

YoungAtHeart

I am sure that video was funnier than your day or your experience with the "butt dance!"

Tomorrow is BOUND to be better!

Nancy

I lost my mom in 1999 so no, I don't have those kind of days.

I hope your mom made dinner?

bonniebee

Someday you will look back on days like this and wish your Mom was still here to annoy you ! I miss my Mom she passed away at just 60 years old ! 

But until that Day comes ...... Yes we all have those  days when the people we are closest to can annoy the h*** out of us !!!    lol 

Oh about the butt dance ...my Jonah does it too but his is more like the running dragging  butt rather than a dance !

Daniela2016

Thank you, I was hoping you guys will see the funny in it, because it was funny, every time, culminating with the disappearance of the little tray, in a matter of seconds.  That is mom for you, never anything laying around the sink, everything goes back in the right place, even if I am in the middle of fixing dinner and I need that tool at least 5 more times till I am done...but I need to let her make herself "useful" and the kitchen is her most comfortable place.

IrishRose

I too lost my Mom in 1990.  She used to drive me crazy - she had a tendency to talk a lot, help a lot, confuse me a lot.  Funny though, I would give anything to have her here by my side right now. 

Today, I am dealing with a big, 59-year-old baby getting over hip replacement surgery, a 125-pound puppy beast with diarrhea (I assume because the baby fed the puppy beast honey graham crackers), and I have forgotten what it is like to get a good night's sleep without being woke up throughout the night from the sounds of whining for something or panting to go outside.

I am at my wit's end today.  All I want to do is run away from home.  Run away from the overgrown vegetation in the yard that wants to trip me, run away from the rotting deck attached to the house that I fell through the other day in haste to prepare for a hurricane, run from the leaky roof that reared it's ugly head during the hurricane - run, run, run as fast as I can, to where I do not care, just to get away from the insanity of it all.

Yep, I know the feeling.  I even thought about a cancer stick, and I have been quit for seven, plus years now.  Instead, I decided to come to this site and happened upon your blog, and feel a sense of calmness to say to you and to myself that this too shall pass, take baby steps when the world seems too big for you, and thank my Ex-Family for listening to me in my dire need to remind me that I will be ok.   

frog-hanging-by-a-thread.jpg

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Hang in there!  Deal with ONE thing at a time.  Right now it can only be the puppy beast with the runs!!!

😉