cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Come on EXer's lets help @Anite get through this.

"Yes I am positive that I dont want to smoke and as I am in my 4th day now all I can think about is smoking.  But I will succeed this time"

Anite‌ is 4 days in her quit.  Let's help her out.  Sometimes it gets rough and we have to stay with them a little longer. 

0 Kudos
34 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Hoping she's still with us!

JACKIE1-25-15

She is still here. 

0 Kudos
TW517

Hang in there Anite !  My days 3-5 were the toughest.  Do whatever it takes to get thru this, and I guarantee it will start to get better.

Mortalzeus

These were the days that I experienced the most doubt and needed to step back from the fight, do some breathing exercises, and get back in there and fight each craving five minutes at a time.  I learned to fight each battle and not worry about the war.  As I began to string together successful battles my confidence returned and I got stronger!

Stay Strong and Stay with Us!

Darren

IrishRose

Anite‌, best thing for you to do is come to this site and talk to people.  There are many of us who went through the exact same feelings you are experiencing.  Refocus, find something else to fill that void and remain diligent in protecting your quit.  I promise you, things will get better! 

indingrl

Hello Irish rose WOW good to hear you are here thank you for helping in MY EARLY DAYS then you were GONE I missed you and am so grateful to God you still staying quit too. I love you

0 Kudos
IrishRose

I love you too, indingrl‌ .  So glad you have returned.  You have been gone too long; like I really have a lot of room to talk right?  We both are here together, and it will stay that way always.  So happy you are continuing to protect your quit.  I will be right here with you Sweet, Sweet Lady.  May God bless you, My Dear Friend!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG, BIG (((((HUG)))))) for you!

Irish Rose   

0 Kudos
Anite

Thanks. But the vraving are severe and I am afraid that I seem to loose my

memory! I hope it is temprary only. I am a working women with lots of

responsibilities. I cant afford to forget thing. Any advise?

*Anite *

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 6:24 PM, IrishRose <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
elvan

That fuzziness will pass, it is part of your brain and your body adjusting to more oxygen and no nicotine.  Take deep breaths in through your nose and exhale very slowly through your mouth, with your lips pursed.  Remember, we ALL went through this, it is not easy, it's one day at a time...sometimes, one minute...it's one step at a time and baby steps count.  Every smokefree minute you put behind you, adds to your strength.  You CAN do this, the more you can read about nicotine addiction, the more ammunition you have against the addiction.  Remember that this is a journey and not an event...your quit is one day at a time and it doesn't end until you do.  Addiction is a recovery process, there is no way to rush it, there are no short cuts, and the only way out is through.  Hang onto whatever works...I used NOPE, Not One Puff Ever and I drank ice water through a straw.  I did not allow myself to dwell on smoking as even being an option...smoking does nothing FOR you but lots TO you and no crave ever killed any one but no one can say that about smoking. Stay as close to the site as you can.

Ellen

0 Kudos