cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

afriedh1

week 2

I think I just figured out why week 2 has been so much harder than week 1.  I cut my patch from 14mg to 7mg just 2 days ago.  DUH.  didnt even think of that.  Thinking of just ditching the patch all together & get it over with, but Im going out of town tomorrow.;  Not sure its the best time to do that.  Annette

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

How much did you smoke?

0 Kudos
afriedh1

About 10 a day

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
Sootie

I did not use a patch and don't know much about them so cannot advise. BUT----I think you are supposed to follow the directions on how to step down? In any case....many EXERS have used them and I sure they will offer some help.

In the meantime......WEEK 2 is EXCELLENT....congratulations. With or without a patch...your quit is yours. Don't worry too much about the aides.......the success will come from YOU!

Stay Strong.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

The 7 mg should be OK then.  But you could always go back up to the 14 mg if the going gets tough.  I used the patch but smoked much more than you.  You are only on week 2 - so be patient - unfortunately it takes some time.  Best wishes!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Dr Hays blogged about NRT. Maybe what he has to say about this subject might help you. Click the home at the top left of EX, then scroll all the way to the near bottom... a link to Dr Hays blogs is on the left hand side. 

Also if you have doubts about ditching the patch at this time...it could be that "small still voice" making a good suggestion to you. 

Keep your quit one day at a time. Yes you can.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I did not use the patch (I used Chantix) so I really don't have experience with it.  Common sense and my experience here, though, tells me it might be a good idea to stay on the 7mg patch while you go out of town....and find a few day stretch when  you get home and can more easily get through any withdrawal pangs before going off of it completely.  Be sure to have one handy when you do, and promise yourself you will put it back on if the need to smoke might lead you back to it.

Congratulations on making it to your second week!  Good job!

Nancy