cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Doctor Appointment Today

I went to the doctor today. After examining me and discussing my issues the doctor didnt suggest any kinds of further tests. He did suggest that I go see a dermatologist for a spot that I have had on my foot. He said to make sure that I stay on top of it. He asked that I come back in 6 months to see if I have brought my cholesterol down and my good cholesterol up. He says that my lungs sound great. I explained the issue I have had with my breathing and he said that it will hopefully go away as my lungs are still adjusting to their new healthy lifestyle. My goal now is to start going to the gym a few more times a week and really stick to it. He said overall it seems that Im in good health. 

3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

If you continue to have problems with your breathing, I would strongly recommend a spirometry test.  If you, by chance, have developed COPD, there are things you can do NOW to slow down its progression.

Glad all other things looked good, and that you intend to up your exercise.  That's ALL good!

Nancy

0 Kudos
elvan

I agree with YoungAtHeart‌, I was supposed to have shoulder surgery but I told the surgeon that I wanted a pulmonary evaluation first.  I was assured that they would make sure my lungs were okay before the surgery...I told them I had already made an appointment with a pulmonologist and, in MY case, it probably saved my life...or at least extended it.  It took forever to get the appointment so I would say if you are not noticing an improvement in three months....eating well and exercising, I would recommend a pulmonologist, it will take a while to get an appointment.  My lungs did NOT sound great...so your doc is likely correct and you are adjusting to exchanging oxygen the way you are supposed to.  

Ellen

0 Kudos
Roller831

YAY on your lungs sounding great!  I hope the shortness of breath gets better for you or you find a resolution!

0 Kudos