cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Feeling sleepy.

I am not complaining.  I am so lucky to be in my second day of freedom and not using nrt yet.  For anyone and everyone who encouraged me, I appreciate you!  For those of you who referred me to Allen Carr's book, I double appreciate you!  A very good friend of mine who has been taking me to physical therapy (rotator cuff, 5 wks ago) has also joined this group and is reading Carr's book.  Her quit date is a week after mine and she is also re-learning the truth about her addiction and hoping for success.  I mention her because I have not envied her for her smoking and that is monumental.  My question is simple.  I am feeling a bit lazy and actually downright sleepy.  I hope this is withdrawal. 

5 Replies
gardenancy8

Congrats on your quit!  I slept most of my first three days! lol  Keep going strong and remember to take it one day at a time.  N.O.P.E    And just think you're free from the poison now.  

0 Kudos
TW517

Feeling sleepy is very normal. I went to bed early, slept in late and took lots of naps my first 3 weeks. First week was the worst though. 

YoungAtHeart

Here is something I found very useful early in my quit!  It outlines what a lot of people experience in the way of withdrawal

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2013/01/21/early-withdrawal-symptoms?sr=se... 

Congratulations on two Days WON!

Nancy

elvan

Sleepiness is very common at the beginning of a quit AND five weeks after Rotator Cuff surgery, PT is exhausting and the pain is also exhausting.  I am really impressed.  You are doing GREAT!  It's great that you are not smoking and allowing your shoulder to heal!  Good for you.

Thank you Elvan