cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Beware!

The next time somebody blames you for smoking - perhaps you can share this tidbit educating them and protecting others from our outcome.

Lung disease and disinfectant link: COPD could be linke to bleach use | Health | Life & Style | Expr... 

I know that I have always cleaned with bleach because I grew up believing that bleach is clean and kills germs so it has to be healthy, right?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I was using bleach to clean out my tile shower stall one time, and was almost overcome by inhaling those fumes.  Learned my lesson and never used it in an enclosed space again (and mostly stopped using it except on white clothing and to clean-with proper ventilation- out scum from flower vases !)

Thanks for passing this on to those who haven't experienced any obvious problems!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Hi Thomas.  The beauty shop where I use to get my hair cut had a lady who came in with oxygen.  She attributed it to the over use of bleach.  I have been wary ever since.

0 Kudos
elvan

I use very watered down bleach to clean the bathrooms at work and I turn on the fans.  I have ALWAYS had issues with chlorine and when I went to the indoor pool...the chlorine made it hard to breathe then and even HARDER later.

0 Kudos