cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tnjhoffman

DAY ONE HAS BEGUN....

Good Morning!  So I didn't buy any cigs and it has been 24 hours since my last one.. YEAH ME!!!  This morning was hard. I found myself rummaging through my drawer to find a lonely cigarette that may have fallen out of my pack and I didn't know. I must have been on that mission for 5 minutes then I gave up and thought to myself , "REALLY?!?!".  Then I just got in the shower and went on my merry way to work. I did suck on a 2mg mint on the way. Mild headache, but no anxiety..as that was what I was soo afraid of! I shall keep you posted. Even if no one reads this I still feel good about venting and feel I will be writing a lot.

15 Replies
Diannnnn

Good luck!!  You can do this!!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Vent all you want. It does help!!! It pays to stay close to this site as best as you can. Just take it one step at a time.

MarilynH

You can and will be successful one precious smoke free day at a time or one hour, minute or even one second at a time, you can do this! We're all here for you and your precious quit, blog as often as you need to and if you hit a rough patch please Post Help and someone or probably quite a few people will respond and try to get you through it, believe in yourself and start stacking up your Days WON! 

YoungAtHeart

Blog away - we get paid by the word (jk!)  Feel free to be in touch,though, as often as it is helpful.  We will cheer you on, provide shoulders to cry on, a kick in the butt when needed, read your ventings as often as you provide them.  We are here to help you quit smoking and will do what is necessary to make it so!

Nancy

Roller831

Excellent news!  Keep up the great work!  We are here if you need...if you are in trouble, put HELP in your subject line.  Let's turn your Day One into a Day WON!!!

elvan

GOOD FOR YOU!  Stay as close to the site as you can, it really does help.  I am so happy for you...let's turn this day one into a day WON by the end of the day.  You are DOING this!  It WILL get easier.

you can never write enough.... keep it coming.  You're doing fantastic.  Here's my cheering banana:

banana-split-har-dee-har-free-images-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-8eLtA6-clipart.png

tnjhoffman

LOVE MY CHEERING BANANA... lol!!  You guys are awesome! Thanks!  If you could each tell me one thing that made your quit so successful... please 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I  did ALL the reading recommended - I found the Allen Carr book changed my thinking about smoking and I credit it and the support here for my success. 

Nancy

0 Kudos