cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Never give it a second thought

Now, just as life happens it causes me to reflect.  I realize that I would smoke over every little thing.  Just got a call from sister in law that my mother-in-law is sick in hospital with cancer and wants to see me.  Now that I am smoke free and my thinking has changed this is not a reason to smoke.  My daughter called the salon she is working in is closing.  I would have started " mindlessly"puffing immediately.  Now I am free, do not "have to smoke".  Her husband has been out of work due to surgeries.  There is no way smoking is going to fix any of this.  The storm we had the other day did some minor damage outside.  This would have been a trigger but the new me knows there is no "need" to smoke.  

Are you in a crisis?  Know that smoking is not going to change any of it.  Breathe  and NEF never ever forget one puff will only take you back to Day ONE not WON.  Move forward just like the nonsmoker you are.  Don't give smoking control of your thoughts or actions.  Let it go, breathe and as Mike.n.Atlanta  would say "keep on keepin on".  Life Happens. 

16 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Life is ALWAYS going to happen; it's how we respond that tells the tale.

Thanks for the reminder.  I KNOW you will respond without smoking....goes without saying.

(Sorry for all the lousy news!)

Nancy

MarilynH

Great post Jackie and 100 % right, life happens whether we smoke or not,we will get through life on life's terms with N.O.P.E and vigilance because we can!

elvan

JACKIE1-25-15‌ Ups and downs, joy and grief, accomplishments and failures...they are all part of life.  Some are a lot easier than others but, let's face it, we smoked through ALL of them.  Feelings can be really challenging.  I so hope you can get the house repaired easily and that your daughter can find another job and that your mother in law does not have to suffer...I am sending you love and many (((((HUGS))))), and, of course, prayers.

Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

I sure hope that life gets easier for you Jackie.  It does seem like the bad comes at us in waves sometimes.  Thanks for the reminder that "life" happens and "Smoking is Not Required"!  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks for your support I am sure it is nothing, I can't make it through.  Somethings I can't change, just need to be aware of the difference.  My family means the world to me.  What happens to them does affect me but I am learning I can only give support and not live their journey.  

0 Kudos
Diannnnn

(((((Jackie)))))

You are so right, smoking would not help any of those events and it would taste horrible. What we convinced ourselves would relax us actually stimulates us. Deep breathing through a straw would be much better.  

elvan

Life DOES go on, we can only control ourselves.

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

And things work out for the best if we let them.  Just got word my son in law is eligible for SS Disablity and will start receiving it January.  Praise God.  My daughter is very happy right now. One day at a time.  One thing at a time. Going to see my mother in law in the morning. 

0 Kudos
elvan

At least SOME good news, glad to hear it, Jackie.

0 Kudos