cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
claudia2

Hi, My name is Claudia and I am a 55 year old female that has struggled with cigarettes most of my life.
  I have set my quit date to be December 30th, 2008. I really want FREEDOM for 2009.
  I welcome any new friends!
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Hello,
  I am quitting smoking at midnight, Dec.2008. I wll be looking forward to sharing my journey with you. Nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Hello, I am going to be a beginner on Dec. 31 at midnight. Help!!!! Nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Hi Shannon,
  Welcome. We are all in the same boat---Starting out. Nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Hello Claudia. Good morning to you. I hope everything goes your way today. Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Hello Lynn,
  Welcome to our little group. I will be checking in off and on all day so feel free to count on my support. Nancy
0 Kudos
angela6

Good Morning everyone. Well, I have set my quit date on January 12th so wish me luck. I am really nervous about the whole thing but last night I had a revalation I guess you could say. I want to see my daughter get married & have children of her own. She is only 5 but is all the time begging me to quit. My husband stated all he wanted for Christmas was for me to quit, and I'm going to do it. I've done it once before, and was free for 2 years (I could kick myself for starting back up). Love the website & I'm excited but scared. Thanks.
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Welcome Angela. When have you decided to quit? I am quitting at midnight on the 31st. I love this site too. I have never had support before so I hope this time will be the time I quit for good. Again---welcome, Nancy
0 Kudos
terry12

I'm a beginner, for sure. It has taken me 48 years, with a few quits of several months along the way. I'm now 70, and feeling anxiety and panic about doing something I've wanted, but only feebly, to do for many years. My quit date is January 7, 2009. Mutual support and determination and sharing the load will work this time. Thank you for the group.
0 Kudos