cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Playing in the clay and paints today

Just thought I would share this. Its a very old lamp that I repurposed once before from a dark gray dress to a blue dress. Well at the new house, I just didn't have an area for her, but I loved this lamp, so I used this stuff called Durhams Rock Hard Putty and gave her long hair and a bottle. Then I painted her up and gave her and the bottle some jewels.  I think she will look great don in the bar area at the new house thats all very rustic ...and I have a few old vintage western whiskey bottles I will display around her. Im kind proud of this one, lol, she was fun to do! Now we shall see if the Putty stuff holds up or if she melts, hahahahaha....right now she's as hard as rock! I need to glaze the base yet.

Before and After Pics

image1.JPG

image1.JPG

22 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

WOW - I am impressed!  You are a very talented lady!  How tall is she?

Mandolinrain

lol well from the bottom of the lamp to the top of her head she's about 27.5inches

0 Kudos
mjlibbie

That's incredible! Looks like an entirely different piece. Re-purposing is the BEST! Great job!

Mandolinrain

I just LOVE re-purposing things. I love 'junking for gold', lol, garage sales, flee markets....I would be in heaven to be a picker like that show 'American Pickers', What a blast that would be! 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

She's great!  So neat you were able to re-imagine her for your new place!

Nancy

elvan

She is beautiful, what a talented lady you are!  I am seriously impressed.  I LOVE this idea.

Mandolinrain

thanks everyone! I love taking on something and changing it up. So fun. Have had many flops though....still waiting to see if her hair and the bottle stays in place, It does seem to be quite hard....so far,lol

Looks awesome! Very talented!

MarilynH

Wow, you do beautiful work, that's totally awesome and I hope she stays hardened up and her hair and bottle stay in place!