AnsweredAssumed Answered

I'm new here... And wondering what to expect.

Question asked by Kyleebabyyxx on Aug 24, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 26, 2017 by freeneasy

I'm sixteen years old, and I've been smoking since I was ten. I don't know what my ' triggers' are, except anxiety and stress. I smoke more than just when I'm anxious or stressed though. I smoke when I wake up. An hour later I smoke again. I smoke after I eat, I smoke when I look at the time and say "oh it's been awhile, it's a good time to smoke again." I smoke after sex (tmi but the counselor from 1800quitnow asked if that was a trigger so...) I smoke all the time. I smoke cigars, Swisher Sweets to be specific, and I smoke anywhere between 2 to 5 a day. When I have cigarettes, I'll smoke 7 or 8 a day. I've never tried to quit but I might be pregnant and if I'm not I do plan to be soon. My quit date is September 5th at the latest, that's when I will have access to the nicotine patches and gum. So my questions are.... What do I expect? What are withdrawals like? How do I avoid smoking in general? How do I use patches and where would the best place to put them be? What are they like? Does the gum taste funny? 

Thank you for your time.  

Outcomes